ItsyRealm - 3D single-player RPG

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Kindermaus
Prole

ItsyRealm - 3D single-player RPG

Post by Kindermaus »

Updated August 28, 2022!

Download the latest build here (0.2.16-alpha)! Wanna see the patch notes?

Hey,

I'm making a game inspired by a couple others called ItsyRealm. Can you guess which? It's built using a slightly modified version of Love2D 11.2.

In ItsyRealm, you're on an awesome quest to discover the secrets of a necromancer god only known as the Empty King.
  • Along your way, you'll have to think on your feet using staff, sword, and bow to fight mythical monsters and eldritch abominations!
  • Use 21 skills to gather and craft powerful equipment from dangerous dungeons, teeming forests, ancient ruins, the open sea, and more!
  • And help a bunch of like-minded adventurers achieve their own victories!
Should you fail, the four Old Ones will succeed to tear the very fabric of reality apart...

Here's some screenshots:

Video of Squid Slayin'

Thank you for looking! Please let me know what you think. :)
Attachments
launcher.zip
(372.3 KiB) Downloaded 1146 times
Last edited by Kindermaus on Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 21 times in total.
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
:emo: they / she
pedrosgali
Party member

Re: ItsyRealm

Post by pedrosgali »

Absolutely love the art style for this, really nice job. Haven't made it home to test it yet but I will.

Code: Select all

if not wearTheseGlasses() then
  chewing_on_trashcan = true
end
Joelrodiel
Prole

Post by Joelrodiel »

Wow this is great! I mean I had my doubts about the new update and the whole 3d craze, but I absolutely love this! you did a great job.
Kindermaus
Prole

Post by Kindermaus »

pedrosgali wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:03 pm Absolutely love the art style for this, really nice job. Haven't made it home to test it yet but I will.
Thank you! It's programmer art but it's got a certain aesthetic :).
Joelrodiel wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:36 am Wow this is great! I mean I had my doubts about the new update and the whole 3d craze, but I absolutely love this! you did a great job.
Thank you! The 3D update is great. It's 99% vanilla Love2D. I just exposed some 3D math routines. The game uses a two-pass renderer: first deferred, then forward (for translucent objects like the ghost miner foreman). On mobile it'll just use forward.
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I wonder if any of your additions/fixes will be eventually ported back to vanilla löve or not (by pull reqs or the löve devs themselves)
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
MarvelME
Prole

Post by MarvelME »

Hacking 3d into love2d. Awesome!
yetneverdone
Party member

Post by yetneverdone »

WOAH!
Kindermaus
Prole

Post by Kindermaus »

I released a new version. :)

edit 12/11: I updated the post with a newer version. It has a lot of fixes:
  • Clean up shop UI
  • Attack while walking while using ranged / magic
  • Show indicator when performing action vs walking
  • Hide ribbon tab when certain blocking interfaces are open
  • Add tutor NPCs around Isabelle Island
  • Show stat info (XP, etc) on hover
  • Add skill guides
  • Add Idromancer
  • Major pathing fixes (there's still some issues)
wazoowazoo
Prole

Re: ItsyRealm - 3D single-player RPG

Post by wazoowazoo »

Why a *.exe file ? Don't you want linux users (as me) to try out your probably amazing game ? :(
zorg
Party member

Re: ItsyRealm - 3D single-player RPG

Post by zorg »

wazoowazoo wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:21 pm Why a *.exe file ? Don't you want linux users (as me) to try out your probably amazing game ? :(
I see you haven't found the source code release on their github? Look harder, it's there. :awesome:
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.