Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Mega Man X++ is a Mega Man X game currently being developed in LÖVE and C++ by omegapixel. (hence the name X++) It's not just your everyday fangame, though. It isn't an actual game in and of itself, but rather a toolset to make your own Mega Man X adventures.
- Pixel-perfect 16-bit Mega Man X engine.^
- Play as X or Zero (in all his Z-Saber glory).^
- Feature-rich, customizable level editor.^
- Script objects/enemies/bosses/weapons/armor in Lua with full documentation.^
- Pre-made set of enemies, bosses, weapons, songs, and tilesets to choose from.^
- Create cutscenes and pre-boss dialogue custom for each character.*
- Example levels with custom scripted enemies, a boss, and a weapon.*
- TAS-mode, play the game frame-by-frame and with save-states.*
- Record your runs with a demo system, and upload them for all to view.*
- Simple Mega Man X-style music composer.*
- Play on Windows, Mac, or Linux.^
- Share creations online via 1 file or download other people's creations and install in seconds.^
^ = high priority
* = low priority
Estimated progress towards closed beta: 40%
Estimated progress towards public beta: 20%
Estimated progress towards full release: 12%
Estimated closed beta release: January 2017
Estimated public beta release: Summer 2017
Estimated full release: Winter 2017
Weekly Development Blog: http://www.megaman.world/news/megamanxplusplus/
Last edited by RonanZero on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
while true do end;
LÖVE for 90% of the game code.Sheepolution wrote:Sounds interesting. How are you using both LÖVE and C++? What is used for what?
C++ for the level editor, and also anything and everything that's slow in LÖVE/Lua. I actually started this as a C++ project but later moved to LÖVE.
while true do end;
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests