LottoSim

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.

How good is it?

5 stars
No votes
4 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 stars
50%
1 star
50%

Total votes: 2

Le_juiceBOX
Citizen

LottoSim

Post by Le_juiceBOX »

Here is a simple game, if you think i should continue then tell me in the comments. I honestly dgaf if you say its bad or critique my game. every thing you need to know is in the control.txt file read that and your ready to play.

Critique every thing you can.

... and vote
Attachments
Contols.txt
(384 Bytes) Downloaded 205 times
LottoSim.love
love file
(12.14 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Last edited by Le_juiceBOX on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
SteamLibrary-like Program For Love2D Games:
take me to the forum thread!
Autophoenix
Prole

Re: LotoSim

Post by Autophoenix »

You should make a The Sims in Löve.
a² = b² + c²
skyHights
Citizen

Re: LottoSim

Post by skyHights »

This is an amusing 2 minutes, however I don't think much can really be done with it.
Also, I don't know what size screen you're working with, but 1600x900 is much larger than most peoples screens, being ~1280x800, also it has no need to be anywhere that big, as there's a massive amount of blank unused space.

But good luck with it and future projects, if something can be done with it, go ahead and have fun!
Learning to Löve.
Le_juiceBOX
Citizen

Post by Le_juiceBOX »

skyHights wrote:This is an amusing 2 minutes, however I don't think much can really be done with it.
Also, I don't know what size screen you're working with, but 1600x900 is much larger than most peoples screens, being ~1280x800, also it has no need to be anywhere that big, as there's a massive amount of blank unused space.

But good luck with it and future projects, if something can be done with it, go ahead and have fun!

thank you for the feed back! I understand that it isn't visually appealing and the screen size i didn't take in to consideration sorry about that.
SteamLibrary-like Program For Love2D Games:
take me to the forum thread!
bubbie
Prole

Post by bubbie »

Le_juiceBOX wrote:
skyHights wrote:This is an amusing 2 minutes, however I don't think much can really be done with it.

thank you for the feed back! I understand that it isn't visually appealing and the screen size i didn't take in to consideration sorry about that.
You could try using fullscreen instead of windowed with a dimension that's annoyingly large for most peoples' screens, just be sure to add an easy way to exit the game.
width, height = love.graphics.getDimensions()
love.window.setFullscreen( true/false )
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

Automatic fullscreen on start would be just as annoying, if not more.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
bubbie
Prole

Post by bubbie »

Nixola wrote:Automatic fullscreen on start would be just as annoying, if not more.
Fair enough, then a better solution would be using love.window.getDesktopDimensions() to work out what the dimensions of the window should be, just don't have it take up the entire screen.