[Game] Fighters - Platform fighting game

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
dandruff
Prole

[Game] Fighters - Platform fighting game

Post by dandruff »

So, me and my wife decided we should try to collaborate on a game. For the first time, I'll try to keep my hands to the technical side and not focus on any graphics. So the game is supposed to be as simple as possible but tight enough in it's controlls to be enjoyable. Here's an animated preview of my first prototype. Since we havent touched any graphics yet, everything you see is debug renders. Keep in mind, this is only a couple of hours of work and I'm aware of the collision stuttering. Oh, and it's hard to controll two players at once ;)
whitebear
Citizen

Re: [Game] Fighters - Platform fighting game

Post by whitebear »

Looks like it has tight controls. :3
Is this going to be one of those "knock the other out of the level or punch him to death" type of games?
One good example of the genre that might give ideas is cell-block-a:
http://playdosgamesonline.com/cell-block-a.html
Pibeex
Prole

Post by Pibeex »

Wow, those mechanics already look greatly implemented, good job! :)
dandruff
Prole

Post by dandruff »

Thanks! It's going to be a "punch him/her to death"-syled game. I haven't had very much time to work on it but I've started to implement an edit mode where you can modify the level on the fly. Currently you can draw/move/delete obstacles in a variable grid-snap way.
The next step is probably to start defining the world in a way that lets me modify some properties (like gravity, speed and such) based on pickups.
dandruff
Prole

Post by dandruff »

Well... I decided to add moving platforms instead. It was a bit harder than I first thought, but now they are working nicely. Just some bugs in the editor that I need to take care of :)
CaptainMaelstrom
Party member

Post by CaptainMaelstrom »

Good work so far! I've always thought about making a smash clone. Keep us updated. :)