Hotplate app for your phone

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
MadByte
Party member

Re: Hotplate app for your phone

Post by MadByte »

Great app. It also works for small cooking pots when you lay down your pc monitor (TFT in my case). Can we expect to get a resizeable version for bigger cooking pots too?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I should post this in the next löve version feature request thread instead (or there as well), but, assuming some handheld devices having temperature sensors, if we could get the data from those, this app could implement temperature-based heating as well.
Use cases:
  • Keeping my tea lukewarm
  • Advanced timer and sensor based cooking, like auto-boiling eggs for a set amount of time
Also, using infrared instead of red should optimize light-to-heat ratio.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
undef
Party member

Post by undef »

Nice!
Finally I don't have to carry around this USB-hotplate with me all the time...
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
Ulydev
Party member

Post by Ulydev »

Very good app, I just made some cookies using it and the whole family loved them.

Can we expect an update with some recipes included? It could be very useful to have a text-to-speech voice that tells you the steps.

Also you should release it for computer as well, I would love to cook some tacos on my laptop screen.
micha
Inner party member

Post by micha »

Ulydev wrote:Very good app, I just made some cookies using it and the whole family loved them.

Can we expect an update with some recipes included? It could be very useful to have a text-to-speech voice that tells you the steps.
I am planning text-to-speech functionality together with voice recognition, so that the app can control itself.
Ulydev wrote:Also you should release it for computer as well, I would love to cook some tacos on my laptop screen.
It is already working on computer, but not all displays support the hotplate functionality.
Rucikir
Party member

Post by Rucikir »

Possible workaround is

Code: Select all

while true do print("hot") end
and put your tacos under your laptop
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

3 / 10 - Heats up too quickly.

Burned my fingers because the hotplate instantly heats up when you change the heat settings.
Madrayken
Party member

Post by Madrayken »

You can also use it to steam off wallpaper. Just turn on the app and place your phone face down against the wall. I just de-papered our lounge so we can paint this weekend, and bar a few slight scorch marks (only leave it there for 10-12 seconds!) it worked a treat!
Discord: https://discord.gg/tYfHgXc
Bandcamp: https://madrayken.bandcamp.com/
Twitter: @Fluttermind