[LD34] Wings of the World Tree

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
adnzzzzZ
Party member

[LD34] Wings of the World Tree

Post by adnzzzzZ »

NightKawata
Party member

Re: [LD34] Wings of the World Tree

Post by NightKawata »

man, sonic may not be doing good but rouge the bat is
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

This is quite a good game! The music is nice, the graphics' good looking and the gameplay is interesting. I only have one question: what the hell does Rogue do when she's walking? Does she move on her own or is there something I did not understand?
EDIT: I almost forgot, two shaders made me unable to play initially, hit_rgb_shift.frag and rgb_shift.frag. You should not init a vec2 in a C-like way (extern vec2 red_offset = {0.0, 0.0};), but you should do this: extern vec2 red_offset = vec2(0.0, 0.0);. Some GPUs (mine) can complain about that. Thanks to slime for helping me with this anyway! I wouldn't be able to play the game without him
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

https://youtu.be/akuJ9selnCw

This is beautiful!
It gets a bit shaky for me (4x 2.2GHz).
Some flowers position themselves really mean but I think either bats flew in by accident or there is a programmed backup so that flowers trigger automatically if the player spends too much time/bats? That would be amazing because on my second playthrough I think it saved me from frustration-quitting (over not being able to hit target) 2 or 3 times.

PS: is this licensed under any open source licenses (like gpl for code and cc-by-sa 4 for art/sounds/music)? I'm just asking because then I could blog about it on an open source games blog.
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

I'm getting the following error when I try to run the Windows build.

STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
adnzzzzZ
Party member

Post by adnzzzzZ »

@josefnpat and @Karai17, I've fixed this with the release of 0.10, it should work now. Although I've removed and added some stuff from this version in comparison to the one from the LD, so I'd advise not rating it in the LD site. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174 ... 00.10.love