Rigid Boy 2

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
davisdude
Party member

Re: Rigid Boy 2

Post by davisdude »

Luke100000 wrote:
I feel like that since the rest of the game uses buttons, the menu should be button navigable as well.
I don't understand that, sorry. There are three big buttons on the menu. Do you mean, that you have to hit ESC to quit?
What I mean by that is instead of clicking the buttons, you use the keyboard and enter to choose the levels. Since the game uses keyboard controls I think this complements the game better.
Luke100000 wrote:
I think that space should not be the kill command. Something less common, like "k" would be better.
Ok I will change it: space for respawning and another key for killing. The problem is because there are two players, which key the right player(arrow-keys) should get for dying?
I didn't know you were planning support for two players... I guess "Tab" could work for wasd, and maybe "enter" for arrow keys?
Luke100000 wrote:
Maybe the break-away planks (above the spikes) should re-appear once you re-spawn?
Erm... don't they? I will fix it.
No, they do. I was sort of unclear- what I mean is that they should not reappear until the player re-spawns.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Connorses
Citizen

Post by Connorses »

Luke100000 wrote:
Often it is considered "bad" when a game gets its difficulty from its controls, but not in this case
YES! You are one of the few people who like my controls! :awesome:
When I wrote on my first impressions of maybe 15 minutes of the game I complained about the bouncy, floaty controls but I will admit I warmed up to them and the game actually got really fun later on. I think the part the frustrated me was the first few levels being extremely difficult and covered in spikes...
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Visit Rigid Boy on Itch.io!
http://luke100000.itch.io/rigid-boy-2

I've got an idea how to stop that bouncy problem: with the down-key you can sneak and stick on the floor.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Luke100000 wrote:Visit Rigid Boy on Itch.io!

I've got an idea how to stop that bouncy problem: with the down-key you can sneak and stick on the floor.
Awesome! Nice itch page :)
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Thanks! In the moment there are only 27 views and 3 downloads, but I think the time will come. :awesome:
alberto_lara
Party member

Post by alberto_lara »

Hey, that looks interesting, I'm going to take a look :)
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Luke100000 wrote:

Thanks! In the moment there are only 27 views and 3 downloads, but I think the time will come. :awesome:
The itch platform it self wont really generate you that much traffic (the player base is very small), you have to create the traffic yourself. So linking it on forums / websites etc.
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

I downloaded it, trying it on a Mac, but find the WASD config difficult to play with. I tried to see if I could change key settings in config, but the config screen is empty, there's just one empty button at the lower right that leads to map editor. I'm on Mac OS X, so maybe trying to run the exe directly in LÖVE is not the best way of doing it, but there's no other option.
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

DaedalusYoung wrote:I downloaded it, trying it on a Mac, but find the WASD config difficult to play with. I tried to see if I could change key settings in config, but the config screen is empty, there's just one empty button at the lower right that leads to map editor. I'm on Mac OS X, so maybe trying to run the exe directly in LÖVE is not the best way of doing it, but there's no other option.
Sorry, options will be added in 1.3. The controls will be changed too. In the moment you can control the second player with the arrow-keys. Thanks for playing!
Luke100000
Party member

Post by Luke100000 »

Jeeper wrote:
Luke100000 wrote:

The itch platform it self wont really generate you that much traffic (the player base is very small), you have to create the traffic yourself. So linking it on forums / websites etc.
I've already linked everything with everything, but the effect is very small. I will search for more forums and link it too. :nyu: