[LD31] GridCars

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Doctory
Party member

Re: [LD31] GridCars

Post by Doctory »

im experiencing some kind of problem
when i try to connect to the server, the menu is gone but the logo is still there and i dont see the map nor the chat
edit: seems to be a server issue, i joined
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Sounds like you might be using an older version?
The newest version should display a "connecting" message and then stop trying to connect after a while (usually happens when you mistype the address).
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

We created an IndieDB for GridCars, and added two more Maps on the dedicated server.
Newest version, as always, under: http://germanunkol.de/gridcars/
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
Germanunkol.de
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Added a tutorial on how to make custom maps for GridCars:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/gridcars/t ... ustom-maps
Germanunkol.de
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Update: Download:
Get the binaries and .love files at: http://germanunkol.de/gridcars/

Follow us on IndieDB for updates!
Germanunkol.de
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

This is a really great project! I'll have to look into this some more when I get some more time. :)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Thanks!

I'm still thinking about how we can get a 16-player game going... I'd love to try this with more than 10 players.
I really think this would work with 64 players at once - I just don't know where to get that many people at once :P
Germanunkol.de
Doctory
Party member

Post by Doctory »

Germanunkol wrote:[...]I just don't know where to get that many people at once :P
lovers, unite! :D
EDIT: theres a bug if you set the width or height too low (100 in my case) its errors
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Doctory wrote: EDIT: theres a bug if you set the width or height too low (100 in my case) its errors
Thanks - I'll add guards to not allow that. I never figured anyone would like to have a window smaller than 100 pixels in width - we actually added the function because everyone was asking for a larger window and fullscreen mode :D
Germanunkol.de
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Great Racetrack implementation! I've played this with pencil and paper :nyu: It was so nice to see it implemented in LÖVE. And the idea of using a network to compete with other players worldwide in real time is awesome!

Apparently, though, the main directory server is not working. I set up an AffairMainServer on my hosting to work around that problem, but then I realized that there's no configuration option to set the directory server's URL; it has to be edited in main.lua and dedicated.lua. Would it be possible to add a configuration option for the main directory server? And to get the normal server back up, since it's there anyway? (maybe its just a permissions issue)

(hope Jasoco doesn't hit me for bumping an old thread) :cool: