Autumn - RELEASED :D

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Autumn - RELEASED :D

Post by Jasoco »

nuno wrote:
sphyrth wrote:Here's an enhancement suggestion:

Before/During(?) the menu-screen it should detect whether my driver supports canvases or not.
What's the procedure if the driver doesnt and the game requires it? Just quit? :(
Well, if it's impossible to code the game to not use canvases, then the proper procedure would be to throw up a polite error informing the user. "Sorry, but your computer cannot run this game because your graphics card does not support an important feature. Possibly try updating your drivers." or whatever.
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

nuno wrote:
veethree wrote:I'm having some problems with the tile sliding puzzle. Sometimes the tiles move sometimes they don't. Is this a bug or some odd mechanic?

Other than that, So far it seems like a nice game.
how are you trying to move them?
I implemented 2 different ways: either by clicking on the piece you want to move, or by dragging it to the empty slot.
I was just clicking. I'll let you know if this persists when i encounter the puzzle again. It was pretty weird though, Some tiles never moved, Some tiles sometimes moved. Perhaps i was dragging the mouse a little bit so it didn't register. But like i said, I'll let you know when i encounter it again.

After playing it a bit more, I must say it's pretty awesome. Has such a relaxing vibe. I'd recommend this to anyone. Are you planning on putting this on greenlight?
nuno
Party member

Post by nuno »

veethree wrote:
nuno wrote:
veethree wrote:I'm having some problems with the tile sliding puzzle. Sometimes the tiles move sometimes they don't. Is this a bug or some odd mechanic?

Other than that, So far it seems like a nice game.
how are you trying to move them?
I implemented 2 different ways: either by clicking on the piece you want to move, or by dragging it to the empty slot.
I was just clicking. I'll let you know if this persists when i encounter the puzzle again. It was pretty weird though, Some tiles never moved, Some tiles sometimes moved. Perhaps i was dragging the mouse a little bit so it didn't register. But like i said, I'll let you know when i encounter it again.

After playing it a bit more, I must say it's pretty awesome. Has such a relaxing vibe. I'd recommend this to anyone. Are you planning on putting this on greenlight?

thanks! I'm very happy to read that, it was exactly its purpose :)
I can't afford the 100$ for the greenlight entrance right now.. and I don't think I would ever get enough votes to make it thru (i'm too new in the gamedev world).. so my quick answer for that question would be no. ;(
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

It crashes on startup on OS X 10.8.5. I read this in the crash log:

Code: Select all

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'CALayerInvalidGeometry', reason: 'CALayer position contains NaN: [nan nan]'
terminate called throwing an exception
abort() called
When I extract the .love file, it still crashes. When I unzip the .love file, it still crashes. When I edit conf.lua to set fullscreen to false, it does start up, still in fullscreen though. So I don't know what happens, but having fullscreen set to true in conf.lua makes LÖVE crash on startup.

Considering you're setting fullscreen on anyway in love.load (so I assume), set it to false in conf.lua, just in case.
nuno
Party member

Post by nuno »

DaedalusYoung wrote:It crashes on startup on OS X 10.8.5. I read this in the crash log:

Code: Select all

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'CALayerInvalidGeometry', reason: 'CALayer position contains NaN: [nan nan]'
terminate called throwing an exception
abort() called
When I extract the .love file, it still crashes. When I unzip the .love file, it still crashes. When I edit conf.lua to set fullscreen to false, it does start up, still in fullscreen though. So I don't know what happens, but having fullscreen set to true in conf.lua makes LÖVE crash on startup.

Considering you're setting fullscreen on anyway in love.load (so I assume), set it to false in conf.lua, just in case.
Do you mind downloading again the macos version? Should be fixed now
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Yes, that works. But now the .app has no icon anymore?
nuno
Party member

Post by nuno »

DaedalusYoung wrote:Yes, that works. But now the .app has no icon anymore?
argghh.. these are the issues when you don't have the OS to test yourself.
uploaded again, I think I got it right, now :)
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Yeah, that's all fine now :)
sphyrth
Party member

Post by sphyrth »

Jasoco wrote: Well, if it's impossible to code the game to not use canvases, then the proper procedure would be to throw up a polite error informing the user. "Sorry, but your computer cannot run this game because your graphics card does not support an important feature. Possibly try updating your drivers." or whatever.
What I meant by that is that the Error Message should inform me as soon as (or before) the menu appears, and not when I am about to start the game.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

This game changed my life.. forever. :D