Now Available on Android and Google Play!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ystalcrash
itch.io page for Win/Mac/Linux/Android builds!
A falling gem style puzzle game! Crystal Crash features original artwork and sound by myself and retrotails. Drop the crystals and line up three or more of the same color in any direction to burst them. Retrotails is the lead programmer, assistant artist, and pixel shader writer. I am the assistant programmer, debugger, and lead artist.
Controls are arrow keys, space/enter, escape, and F11 for fullscreen.
- Two games modes, Original (get the high score) and Flash (clear the blinking gem to advance levels)
- Three levels of difficulty, try Easy (4), Normal (5), and Hard (6) different crystal colors to match.
- Choose from 7 original backgrounds ranging from static images to trippy shaders.
- Four original music tracks, created by retrotails.
- Three original crystal skins to choose from.
- Dynamically resizable window, graphics scale accordingly.
- Watch for the mysterious and rare Prism Crystal!
Sometime in the very near future we plan to release this on the android as well. All of the code is tested and functuional on smartphones and tablets alike with the current version of love-android but there are a few small issues before we upload it to Google Play. The game will always be available free as well as ad-free in some form or another from here until forever.
Screenshots and LOVE file below.
Have a blast!
Advancing levels is much easier now. Game speed and level increase at every 10,000 points. Points accrue faster in higher difficulty.
No score-based leveling in Flash mode, instead a level and increase speed for every four Flash levels cleared.
The Flash gem in Flash mode now stands out better.
Due to issues with old configuration files, when the game crashes it resets the internal configuration. This unfortunately will wipe high scores but will only happen ONE time.
Combo bursts now add bonus points as intended.
Music and SFX enabled by default on Android.
Added window icon.
I fixed the game board transparency (you can see the pretty shaders through it now, and the enter key now functions the same as the space.
EDIT: The sourceforge repo for those interested: https://sourceforge.net/p/columns-love/ ... ster/tree/