LD#29 contributors! Were you pleased with your final rating?

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Katamori
Prole

LD#29 contributors! Were you pleased with your final rating?

Post by Katamori »

Dear Ludum Dare #29 contributors!

FInal ratings of LD#29 are up! What was your final rating, and how pleased you are?

Here's mine, after 63 ratings:

#215 Theme 3.66 -> my all time best score, after 3 Ludum Dare contributions. Not a promising result, but I'm happy I could approach it!
#283 Innovation 3.47 -> rating is a little bit low, but ranking proofs that it's ctually not that bad.
#323 Overall 3.43 -> way better than my previous entries, so I think it's a success as well.
#420 Mood 3.14 -> a small drop compared to my previous results, still OK. I didn't concentrate on it.
#421 Graphics 3.37 -> also better than my previous entries, but I expect a little more to it.
#645 Fun 2.92 -> I suck at making actually entertaining games. It hurts a little bit, but it's my mistake only. Still better than my previous entries.
#696 Audio 2.49 -> I didn't work much on it. Not a big deal.
#770 Humor 2.15 -> N/A

In general: I was better in almost every aspects than ever, and I'm happy for that!
Attachments
Katamori LD stats.love
Comparison graph I made.
(3.9 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
not active here anymore
zorfmorf
Prole

Re: LD#29 contributors! Were you pleased with your final rat

Post by zorfmorf »

My game got a pretty satisfying rating:

#53 Theme 3.97
#55 Overall 3.92
#96 Fun 3.72
#168 Mood 3.56
#187 Innovation 3.64
#197 Humor 3.13
#381 Audio 3.03
#626 Graphics 3.05

And it's very obvious what I need to do to get better the next time: Graphics and Audio! It's interesting to see that Overall is my highest score (aside from theme) and I am worse in all other categories. I think that shows that the time spent polishing the gameplay in terms of usability and tutorials was not a waste.
PriorBlue
Prole

Post by PriorBlue »

Mole Empire: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... &uid=35550(LD29)
Post-Jam: http://gamejolt.com/games/rpg/mole-empire/26159/(GameJolt)

#139 Graphics 3.91
#213 Mood 3.47
#231 Overall 3.54
#287 Audio 3.19
#326 Fun 3.30
#354 Theme 3.49
#544 Humor 2.45
#781 Innovation 2.74

This was my first LD entry. I was too concentrated on the graphics part and surprise this is my highest score :D. The Innovation was equal zero, because i just wanted a Zelda-like rpg without story, just grinding, but the big error i made, was the super high difficulty at the beginning, i had 5 enemy types, but everybody was already killed by the second enemy (spider). ^^' So when you want to play it, please use the post jam version. ;)
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

My entry didn't fare too well, stats-wise: #1980 Coolness 22% and that's it. I didn't expect anything at all, since it's not even finished.

But it's an improvement over my previous one, which was a total failure (I didn't have anything playable after two days). So I can't complain.
When I write def I mean function.
zorfmorf
Prole

Post by zorfmorf »

kikito wrote:My entry didn't fare too well, stats-wise: #1980 Coolness 22% and that's it. I didn't expect anything at all, since it's not even finished.

But it's an improvement over my previous one, which was a total failure (I didn't have anything playable after two days). So I can't complain.
Doesn't that just mean, that your game did not get the required 20 votes to get into final rankings and is therefore unranked?
SimonLarsen
Party member

Post by SimonLarsen »

zorfmorf wrote:
kikito wrote:My entry didn't fare too well, stats-wise: #1980 Coolness 22% and that's it. I didn't expect anything at all, since it's not even finished.

Doesn't that just mean, that your game did not get the required 20 votes to get into final rankings and is therefore unranked?
Yeah. As far as I know coolness means how many other entries you voted. Kind of a shame your ratings aren't available even if you don't get enough votes to be in the ranking.
hyouko
Prole

Post by hyouko »

Here's mine:

One Cold Night: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... &uid=31859
Post-jam .LOVE file: https://mega.co.nz/#!1Z9HSD4Y!P5GQkLun9 ... od-EwCv3SM

(I think this is based on about 53 ratings)

Code: Select all

#29	Theme(Jam)	3.98
  Number 29 in LD29 - pretty happy with this!  Seems folks liked my take on the theme.
#71	Mood(Jam)	3.87 
  Also happy with this!  I was definitely aiming for mood here.
#92	Innovation(Jam)	3.70
  I actually don't feel like I did too much innovative, mechanically speaking.  I used some cheap narrative tricks, though!
#140	Overall(Jam)	3.58
  Solid.  I'd like to try to crack the top 100, though!
#168	Audio(Jam)	3.51
  My audio was pretty simple for this - just ambient background sounds and dog noises.
#216	Graphics(Jam)	3.78
  Seems the competition was fierce here - I got a lot of compliments on graphics but didn't fare that well in the end in the rankings.
#286	Fun(Jam)	3.14
  The game was too hard - particularly the compo version.  Partially by design, but this probably dragged things down overall.
#344	Humor(Jam)	2.66
  This wasn't really intended as a funny game, so no surprises here.
zorfmorf
Prole

Post by zorfmorf »

Mhm today I went down from #55 to #70. Apparently there was a mistake in ranking calculations which has now been fixed?