Boomerang Battle - LD28

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Boomerang Battle - LD28

Post by Lafolie »

From the entry page:

"Quest for the Golden Boomerang which lies atop a tower where you must battle its current owner."

The stairs to the next floor will be revealed when all the switches have been lit by hitting them with the boomerang.

Pretty much finished, entire game can be completed. The final floor is fun.

Controls:

- Use the mouse to aim.
- Left click throws / picks up the boomerang
- Right click draws the boomerang back
- WASD/Arrows to move
-Press Tab to toggle window size

The boomerang will fall to the floor if it is not picked up after a short time. Should it fall down a hole you'll have to retrieve it (remember, you only get 1!).

Physics, AI, programming: Joe Mycock
Music, sounds, art, level design, misc programming: Dale James

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... w&uid=3907

Love File: http://cl.ly/1U2I0e2L3n09
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Germanunkol
Party member

Re: Boomerang Battle - LD28

Post by Germanunkol »

Nice game!
It's pretty challenging. I keep on accidentally getting the boomerang stuck on the other side of the water on the second level. Well done, it's fun!

Edit: It's also pretty cool when the boomerang falls down somewhere behind the enemies... can be really tough to run and get it :)
How many levels are there?
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
Lafolie
Inner party member

Re: Boomerang Battle - LD28

Post by Lafolie »

Thanks dood. Yeah, we intentionally made it difficult and getting the boomerang stuck is an intended part of the gameplay - we thought it would help support the You Only Get One theme. The level designs are particularly cruel!

There are 10 floors in all but the last is an open area. You'll need to have as many hearts as possible at the end of the 9th floor to beat it. I've managed to get to the 9th floor before, but I only had 1 heart left; it didn't end well, haha. The first big challenge is the southern switch on the 4th floor. If you can consistently beat that floor you've probably got what it takes to make it to the end.

Keep trying :)
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.