Tic-Tac-Toe Variant

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
davisdude
Party member

Tic-Tac-Toe Variant

Post by davisdude »

I made a little game to try my hand at rule-checking and things like that. It's pretty insufficient when it comes to DRY coding, but since this was my first attempt , I guess it's alright... :)
The game itself is pretty simple and striaght-forward. I was planning on adding AI, but got disinterested (even though it would be very easy to add it).
Basically:
There are 9 grids. Each grid is like a basic tic-tac-toe board. If you win that board, the board goes to you. If it is a tie, it's fair game for either player.
Once there are 3 of the total grids in a row, or 2 and a neutral, 1 and 2 neutrals, etc. That player wins.

Pretty simple, right? :)
I found the music on NewGrounds. Credit under options: credits.
Attachments
tictactoe_variant.love
(537.45 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
raidho36
Party member

Re: Yo Dawg, I Herd U Liek Tic-Tac-Toe

Post by raidho36 »

But idea is pretty good.
master both
Party member

Re: Tic-Tac-Toe Variant

Post by master both »

This is actually a cool idea for tictactoe, since almost every game of the normal one ends up as a tie.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Thanks. I don't know, I guess Iwas just trying to do something simple to start with... :P
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Darky
Citizen

Post by Darky »

Please, add the "ultimate tic tac toe" rules,
this game already exists and is awesome :
http://mathwithbaddrawings.com/2013/06/ ... c-tac-toe/
http://darky-ben.fr/Xut my webcomic (french)
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

That does sound a bit more challenging, but I like being able to pick your own board. I dunno, it could make it harder, but like I said, this was just a test of rule checking. I didn't even know it was already a game, I just made it up (or at least I thought I had...) :)
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

tic-tac :cool:

cool game :ultrahappy: