NONAME 0.0.0.0.1

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Sparx
Party member

NONAME 0.0.0.0.1

Post by Sparx »

Hi there...

i am working on a 2d multiplayer action shooter... there are no good gfx jet. We had problems with the port beeing filled by too fast packeges arriving.. hopefully this bug will be away with the new LUBE version

Here a video:

--video deleted
Last edited by Sparx on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: NONAME 0.0.0.0.1

Post by qubodup »

you should put it on youtube or vimeo, downloading a video completely before watching it is so 2006!
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Gerrit
Prole

Post by Gerrit »

qubodup wrote:you should put it on youtube or vimeo, downloading a video completely before watching it is so 2006!
2004. Youtube was already popular in 2006 ;)

And by the way: What quality is this? 142 MB for simple gameplay footage without gfx? Are you nuts? Compress your vid a bit, convert it to 320x240 and upload it to Youtube. And remember the 10 minute maximum. I don't think that there are many people who are willing to download this.
Last edited by Gerrit on Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Looks good, but 142 mb, for.. less than a minute?!
I already want to play it, looks like it's almost finished though, so can you give us a timeline?

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't resist:
Gerrit wrote:I don't think that there are not many people who are willing to download this.
So you think this video is going to be downloaded a lot? (don't not = do not not = do)
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

now that I've seen the vid: nice! Reminds me of UnrealFlash which I found much fun back in the days.
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Sparx
Party member

Post by Sparx »

Thank you for the reply...

The project idea startet at 3. April..... my register date.... Everything from scratch....

Perhaps it was a silly thought uploading this:
I didn't want to present this project till the first playable demo is available and the video was just for debugging reasons, but I thought it looked so nice i had to show it, sorry.

My timeline is bound to the timeline of LÖVE and Duke Nukem.
Everyone not willing to download 142MB for 30 seconds of preview.. .DONT DOWNLOAD IT!!! But still if i compare it to othger downloads here this one will give you(at least in europe) enough speed =)
I think the download will be down in few days.. It's a server of a friend of mine, don't know how much space and traffic he is willing to give me.

I definatly don't want any suggestions.. this one has to be (gameplayfeel) just like my thoughts. What theme it will be is open (i got only few ideas atm.).

I am looking for designers beeing able to draw.. on paper....
If someone can, give me a PN with references(just a picture of something you drew will do)
I know it's much to early to think about gfx(gfx will start in several month) but I need everything i can get right now.
[EDIT]
If someone doesn't like 142 MB leave it! I don't spend my time on compressing(at the moment)
[/EDIT]
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

In the end we all watched it (not sure about Gerrit though), as commented before it looks promising. Just wanted to tell you you didn't upload without a reason :P.
Gerrit
Prole

Post by Gerrit »

bartbes wrote:In the end we all watched it (not sure about Gerrit though), as commented before it looks promising. Just wanted to tell you you didn't upload without a reason :P.
Nah. 140MB would need like 1h with my connection ;)
bartbes wrote: EDIT: Sorry, couldn't resist:
Gerrit wrote:I don't think that there are not many people who are willing to download this.
So you think this video is going to be downloaded a lot? (don't not = do not not = do)
Grr..Argh I know. Corrected it.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

you could have uploaded the big file to youtube, it would compress it for you.

here's what mencoder -ovc lavc -oac lavc -o main.avi MAIN_2009-04-19_21-03-16-76.avi produced: http://www.2shared.com/file/5424547/eb2004ed/main.html (<4MB) Just in case :)
Garotas*Gostosas
Prole

Post by Garotas*Gostosas »

Sparx: couldnt watch it cuz i am too lazy to set vlc as my player and my quicktime doesnt seem to work but...
qubodup wrote:now that I've seen the vid: nice! Reminds me of UnrealFlash which I found much fun back in the days.
if its like unreal flash i'm looking forward to play it! ^^
I LOVE GAME, YEAH!