Löve tetris v0.8 (Upd 23-11-2014)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Mr.Smith
Prole

Re: Löve tetris

Post by Mr.Smith »

Implemented 'Random Generator' randomizer.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

raidho36 wrote:Well, it's a tetris. I don't particularry like how it shows where the piece is gonna land, absense of that makes droprush skirmishes more hardcore and unforgiving. Also, instead of "move down" button there should be "speedup" button.
That's one of the features of "new world" Tetris. It's basically part of the guidelines. As is being able to continuously rotate a piece even if it's lying right on top of another in order to keep yourself from dying. i.e. the game won't "land" the piece until you stop spinning it. As well as "easy spin" which stops a piece falling while you're moving it left or right. They're features that The Tetris Company has made canon and no official Tetris game can be without now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

And Games Workshop made "Space Marine"s plot canon, so what? Besides, that's just my lo'oosy onion, I like it better when the game doesn't makes it's best to be easy-as-shit to play. I guess I'm a hardcore gamer, and honestly, I believe that all these "make it easier" features are making the games worse. They make it less of a game and more of a waste of time, you could as well just watch the TV. Like health regen in modern shooter "games" makes it almost continious watching the cutscenes and pressing the "X" to win sometimes.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Enhance your calm, John Spartan.

I agree some of this stuff should be optional in newer Tetris games. Sometimes it is, but not always. There's so many new features they made canon to the franchise.

More options are always better.
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Quinn is a Tetris clone for Mac, it even has the option to undo a move. Accidentally dropped the long piece sideways? Just Cmd+Z to undo it! (does lower score)
Mr.Smith
Prole

Post by Mr.Smith »

Released new version. Need some feedback. Please configure delays in data.lua in rules table. Post comfortable values here.
Mr.Smith
Prole

Re: Löve tetris v0.8 (Upd 23-11-2014)

Post by Mr.Smith »

Released v0.8. See first post.