Scary Monsters

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ryne
Party member

Re: Scary Monsters

Post by Ryne »

Wrinkliez wrote:Hey dood, I'm glad to see that you're making progress! :nyu:

I was looking at your sprite of the house, and I couldn't tell if the door was open or closed (and the door was just painted black). Which leads me to my question, if it's opened, are we going to be able to go inside houses? Maybe to find items or something? An NPC?

Or they could just be for decoration...

right now, were going to run on the assumption that the houses aren't complete. The door isn't there, its just open.

also yes, you will be able to enter houses and find interesting things.
@rynesaur
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Hi guys, I'm still making steady progress with this. I haven't been updating this thread the last few days since posting, and editing this thread for every tiny thing becomes a pain in the but.

I do steadily post my progress on Twitter though, so for anyone interested you can follow me on there and see all the minor changes I make as I work.

I'll continue to update this thread with major things.

Thanks!
@rynesaur
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

That's http://twitter.com/rwaap for those too lazy to type it in manually.

Ryne, have you considered making a little youtube video every so often? I find that your game in screenshots and your game in motion are notably different, so a simple Overgrowth-style "hey I added this asset/feature recently" would probably go a long way for you.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

tentus wrote:That's http://twitter.com/rwaap for those too lazy to type it in manually.

Ryne, have you considered making a little youtube video every so often? I find that your game in screenshots and your game in motion are notably different, so a simple Overgrowth-style "hey I added this asset/feature recently" would probably go a long way for you.
Yes. I finally have a couple days off so I can get a chunk of it done. I've re-designed almost everything (again) and I'm going to start programming it tomorrow. Luckily almost all of the code I've already have is still completely usable. Once I have something up and running again I'll start creating videos of my progress.

also, I agree. Shots and in-game video paint a completely different picture. A lot of thing's will be fully-animated and obviously you can't see stuff like that in static images, so what I have pictured in my head is a lot more rich that the images seem to portray, especially since I have ideas for music and sound effects as well.

Again, Twitter is everyone's best bet if you are really interested, I'll continue to update this thread once I start making real progress.
@rynesaur