Scary Monsters

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ryne
Party member

Re: Scary Monsters (scrymnstrs)

Post by Ryne »

Just a couple of updates.

First, I've made some changes to the artwork (still looks similar to the current stuff overall, except more "polished" and high quality), and I'll probably start programming this within the next couple of days. I'm thinking of keeping the current artwork a secret, I might however post some small stuff to tease you guys. Basically, I don't want you to be able to expect everything that's coming.

Second, I need a few people to help. I'll be attempting to program the game alone, but if I do happen to need help I'd like to have a few people to test what I've done so far, or at least to shoot my ideas at to get opinions. These people will unfortunately be open to everything I'm doing, so you won't really be surprised when the game is finished. Skype would be beneficial for you to have as well.

Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know!
@rynesaur
Riot
Prole

Post by Riot »

I'm really interested :) Your game looks awesome!

Should I drop you a pm? My skype is ValiumSkyper
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

I'd like to participate if you would like my help. I could install Skype if necessary.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
SoggyWaffles
Citizen

Post by SoggyWaffles »

I would be more than willing to help test and hash out ideas. I'm not that best programing, so... But I also don't have a ton of time, school is heating up right now. But come December I will be very very very free, and bored.
"Beneath the clouds lives the Earth-Mother from whom is derived the Water of Life, who at her bosom feeds plants, animals and men." ~Larousse
Giantfishy
Prole

Post by Giantfishy »

This looks really cool. I love the art style. :D
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Just wondering what you guys think of this overlay effect. I think it adds a nice creepy ambiance, since you'll be fighting monsters and stuff.

@rynesaur
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Ryne wrote:Just wondering what you guys think of this overlay effect. I think it adds a nice creepy ambiance, since you'll be fighting monsters and stuff.

I'm digging it.

Do the trees make anyone else think of Dr Seuss?
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Larsii30
Party member

Post by Larsii30 »

I like it. *thumbsUp*
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

Lol I kind of feel like that overlay isn't perfect, but when I remove It - I miss it. So I think I'll play with it a bit, and maybe I'll come up with something cool.
@rynesaur
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I like it, but it depends on how big the viewport is going to be. How big of a 1:1 resolution will the game's screen be? i.e., if you were to scale that image down to 1 pixel = 1 pixel, how big would the initial window size be?

I wrote my own screen.lua library for personal use to handle setting up my screen, setting how big the initial drawing area is, what scale to scale the window to and how big the tile size inside of it is. (If the game uses tiles, which they almost always do) So I can drop it into a project and just call the right functions to render the game when I need to. Of course it uses FrameBuffers so I guess I'd have to do some fiddling if I ever got a computer that couldn't support them just for testing purposes.