SlimeBoy

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
buhb11
Citizen

SlimeBoy

Post by buhb11 »

Hey lovers!

This is my second game that i made in Love2d.If you are going to download please let a mark from 1 to 10.
Currently there are 13 lvls.Enjoy
I found Love very enjoyable and nice!
riidom
Citizen

Re: SlimeBoy

Post by riidom »

Hey, the game is fun. I like the bomb throwing, it feels like there is a bit skill required, and the levelborderwrapping is a good idea too.
What I dont like, is the sound, it is too loud and edgy, but thats a pretty subjective thing anyway.
Also there is a problem in level.. 3-5 roundabout, I didnt count. It has the 3 chambers in middle and the floor on ground, looking similar to:
[_]__[_]
I managed to throw bombs inside the left and right chamber, but a few bugs then suddenly appeared on the ground, and since I couldnt escape my middle chamber, I found no way to get them. Maybe I am missing something here, as you say, the game is supposed to be hard :) But maybe it is a bug, so you should know.
Also, rename the file from .zip to .love ?
Rating is difficult, but I think in the league of retro-style platformers it gets 7/10 from me.
Also, it made me registering to the forums (finally).
jasonisop
Citizen

Post by jasonisop »

Edit: not cool to claim a game is yours when its not. Using resources, having similar game play is one thing but this i just no cool at all.

I like it as for a rating i would give it a 7. Only some minor issues, you have a tutorial screen on movement after you move to the next screen, and the bombs do not seem to hurt your self.

It plays very well, every thing is nice and smooth. You might want to think about limiting the number of bombs, or adding some kind of power up, and maybe a time limit.
Last edited by jasonisop on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

Actually it isn't your game. It's created by Dandruff for the Ludum Dare and is called "Another Kind of World".

If you call a game your own which isn't your own it doesn't look that good. !
It is more like a little mod of a game.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Not cool dude, not cool. :cry:
We don't steal games on these forums. :x
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

Plagiarism at it's finest. lol
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

I do not believe English is his first language, but I'm not sure that makes this a plausible excuse.

I don't think he understands what plagiarism is, as he clearly claims this project as his own. (Shame of him, if otherwise.)

Code: Select all

t.title = 'Slime Boy'
  t.author = 'Muresan Vlad(Buhb11)'
  t.identity = 'SlimeBoy'
I moved some files around, and did a diff, it looks like he put some work into this, but it seems like a learning project. The files were moved around, and much of the code was reused.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Snv2NAnJ

@Buhb11

If you ever adapt someones work, unless the license says you don't have to, you need to say so. In this case, because dandruff did not supply a license, I don't think he can do anything about this, butregardless he owns this work. If you had attempted to sell this, I believe dandruff could successfully press charges.

If you ever want to be taken seriously on the internet (and thus development communities), you need to respond to this thread, and explain yourself. In my opinion, this is entirely unacceptable, and hope this is a grand misunderstanding. This is a very bad stigma.

edit: It may seem odd that I'm responding to this topic so positively, but this post hit a chord. My first love game was based off someone elses codebase, but you'll notice I give proper credit where it is due. I think it's an excellent learning experience, as long as you're open and honest about it.

edit:
I stand corrected by slime on IRC;
This work is covered by the Berne Convention, so technically this is a civil offense.

Although, slime does mention; "although in practice i suspect most people who make ludum dare games won't feel like enforcing that very much if someone uses their LD code."
Last edited by josefnpat on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

josefnpat wrote: If you ever adapt someones work, unless the license says you don't have to, you need to say so. In this case, because dandruff did not supply a license, I don't think he can do anything about this, but regardless he owns this work. If you had attempted to sell this, I believe dandruff could successfully press charges.
All work is subject to full copyright under the Berne Convention, unless specified otherwise by the copyright owner. It is a civil offense he could successfully sue for, though I doubt he'd get much in the way of damages. That said, it's bad citizenship.
buhb11
Citizen

Post by buhb11 »

I feel bad , but is true i used his art and levels because i could`t make mine , i suck at art.However if you play the game you will see that i've done some changes. I am sorry,I am going back to unity.Awesome x99 community and people sorry for beginning stupid.

Last Edit : This was a learning project.
buhb11
Citizen

Post by buhb11 »

josefnpat wrote:I do not believe English is his first language, but I'm not sure that makes this a plausible excuse.

I don't think he understands what plagiarism is, as he clearly claims this project as his own. (Shame of him, if otherwise.)
"
I know what plagiarism means,and I am not very proud of it.