Ninja vs. Samurai

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
tentus
Inner party member

Re: Ninja vs. Samurai

Post by tentus »

Could you correct the requires so that it'll run in 0.8.0? Bartbes removed support for require "foo.lua" in favor of require "foo". Every place you require a file by its full extension leads to the dreaded blue window.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

tentus wrote:Every place you require a file by its full extension God kills a kitten.
FTFY.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Where's the love?
OF_1989
Prole

Post by OF_1989 »

That was so awesome. Full of interesting and thrilled full of challenges awaits. Hope to see more upcoming versions of this game. Gotta tell my comrades about it. By the way, is their any version for mobile? Thanks, best regards.

-Oswald Ferrer-
Oliverio wrote:People who carry samurai swords are probably committed criminals, because such swords are a lot harder to hide and the decision to carry one will, therefore, be premeditated and probably will be followed by its use.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

OF_1989 wrote:That was so awesome. Full of interesting and thrilled full of challenges awaits. Hope to see more upcoming versions of this game. Gotta tell my comrades about it. By the way, is their any version for mobile? Thanks, best regards.

-Oswald Ferrer-
love-android is a brand new project and is in alpha at best. It is developing very quickly though. There's no iOS or dumbphone port of LÖVE.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

I just want to say that I gave a look at the code of this project and was greatly impressed. I liked a lot what I saw.

Well done!
When I write def I mean function.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

mike wrote:Hey guys, I just wanted to poke my head in here to let you know that you're doing an awesome job keeping the LÖVE strong and to whore out my newest game: Ninja vs. Samurai. It started as a generic 2D puzzle representation of stealth gameplay and evolved into a ninja-themed extravaganza thanks to the graphics made by a coworker of mine. I'd löve to hear your feedback about it, both positive and negatory.

Image Image Image

Also, I have half a mind of putting in another few dozen hours to make a "real" game out of it (in this scenario, "real" means a game with an options screen, tons of levels and maybe even a level editor) and maybe see if I can make a buck or two off it somewhere (Steam??). Anyway, what do you guys think? Is there a possibility for a fun puzzle game in here somewhere? And if I wanted to move on with it, should I stick to LÖVE or is it not ready for primetime yet?

Check the game out on IndieDB and feel free to peruse the code on my GitHub account.
For all you savvy types I even made a genuine 100% LÖVE-file: DOWNLOAD ME NOW, MOFOS (file was too large to upload here :()

PS: Awesome new emoticons :crazy:
You were thinking about making a buck of it somewhere. I think this game has potential as a mobile game. Consider selling it on Android Market once love-android becomes more usable. I'd buy it if you'd fit the window to smaller screens and add scrolling and touch controls.
OF_1989
Prole

Post by OF_1989 »

T-Bone wrote: I think this game has potential as a mobile game.
I think of it so. This game gives a whole lot time for mobile gamers like me. I've been spending a lot of time playing on mobile phones than in computer.
Oliverio wrote:People who carry samurai swords are probably committed criminals, because such swords are a lot harder to hide and the decision to carry one will, therefore, be premeditated and probably will be followed by its use.
mike
Administrator

Post by mike »

tentus wrote:Could you correct the requires so that it'll run in 0.8.0?
Sure thing. I do believe I've caught them all.

kikito wrote:I just want to say that I gave a look at the code of this project and was greatly impressed. I liked a lot what I saw.
I learned a lot about lua and LÖVE while building the game so you can sort of see which parts were made after each other as some of the code is better in certain places.
Now posting IN STEREO (where available)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Actually, all / characters are supposed to be replaced by a . as well.
(So require("some/thing.lua") turns into require("some.thing").)