Etch a Sketch Alpha

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Person
Prole

Etch a Sketch Alpha

Post by Person »

I've been working on a project of mine on and off for 2 weeks now, and it's finally gotten to the point where it's.... somewhat playable. It does not perform it's intended purpose and what that purpose is I'm not telling (because I want to do this project completely by myself without any input first :megagrin: ) but what it can do is be an old etch a sketch. Only the four cardinal directions are supported and your drawings become part of the collision detection system as soon as you finish, so keep that in mind, here is a little picture of something I whipped up for this post:
gJEge.png
gJEge.png (27.26 KiB) Viewed 119 times
if you can figure out what the intended purpose is, pat yourself on the back and then swear off your MAME cabinet to go see the sun :ultrahappy:

Press z to begin drawing, let go to finish.
you only begin drawing when your character changes direction, so start drawing while not moving, and then move, otherwise your drawing will begin when your character first takes a corner.
queen.love
(5.87 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
enjoy!

P.S. I'm aware of the diagonal drawing bug so please don't feel the need to tell me. *pulls out raid spray* DIE BUGS DIE!!!

P.P.S. I forgot to mention the character graphics (and any subsequent graphics most likely) come from oryx at the assemblee contest part 1
"Here's another curse for you, may all your bacon burn."