This is where I'll be presenting my newest project, "pew pew BOOM!".
My intention is to make a complete game. This is how the first demo looks: It's Asteroids-inspired, but the complete game should resemble Escape-Velocity more. You can shoot, but asteroids will not explode, so there's some "pew-pew" but not a lot of "BOOM" for now.
- The ship will always try to look at the mouse.
- Move it around with w,a,d.
- Left click fires.
- Tab toggles 'debug mode' EDIT: This now includes quadtree visualization
Customization happens through modules: There are 3 types of cannon, thrusters and gyroscopes to be put on those slots. Bigger cannons shoot bigger, better, faster projectiles. Thrusters make ships move faster while gyroscopes make them turn faster.
In the future, I plan to add shield and energy generators, afterburners, missile-launchers, tractor beams, and other cool stuff.
If you feel like it, you can experiment with the ship models and modules, in the Game.lua file.
There's also 7 kinds of multicoloured asteroids to ... push around. Enjoy!
Also, 3 things:
- I can't center the text of the buttons properly. It shows "too down" on the buttons. But the rectangle I use for invoking love.graphics.print *is* centered. The code that calculates the positioning is on passion/gui/Label.lua. I've no idea of what is wrong there, or whether there's a problem with the font used.
- On my Ubuntu, sound stopped working after a while. It could be a local problem on my machine; I would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing issues with sound.
- This code is inefficient. I would be interested to know if the game went too slowly on your computers (please include basic specs)