Dampfzapfer (puzzle game)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
milon
Party member

Re: Dampfzapfer (puzzle game)

Post by milon »

Fun game!! I don't speak German, so it took me a while to realize that you don't have to use all the pieces - you just can't have steam leaking out anywhere. (Level 5 is impossible without knowing that.)

EDIT - Could the steam be less opaque? It's difficult to see the pipe configuration under the steam sometimes.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
knorke
Party member

Post by knorke »

milon wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:29 pmI don't speak German, so it took me a while to realize that you don't have to use all the pieces - you just can't have steam leaking out anywhere.
Ah, interesting. It never came to my mind that players might think like that but it does make sense.
Ideally it should be something that is self-explaining, for example a simpler level with some unused pieces that makes this more obvious.
milon wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:29 pmEDIT - Could the steam be less opaque? It's difficult to see the pipe configuration under the steam sometimes.
Actually I liked how somethings things suddendly get very chaotic once you make a small change. For that realistic "Yay I fixed one thing-Oh shit now there are dozen new problems!" feel.
But maybe there can be a compromise, I will keep it in mind.
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Post by BrotSagtMist »

I like booth, the challenge of finding that out and trying to free the screen of the steam.
Dont change it.
obey
freeve4h
Citizen

Post by freeve4h »

i looked at it, and decided to make a translated version using google translate
kinda translated.love
(4.13 MiB) Downloaded 79 times