Love2D Program on Raspberry Pi

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
icekiller8002
Prole

Love2D Program on Raspberry Pi

Post by icekiller8002 »

Hello all,

I made a post about this exact subject a long time ago. Post Link: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=84756

I am interested in displaying an alarm clock on my TV. But not just an ordinary alarm clock, because once the alarm goes off, it has you solve a math problem in order to stop the alarm sound. For starters, I remade the program from scratch, so it has more optimized code than the program on my previous post! (.love file is attached) My goal is to get this program on a Raspberry Pi and display it on my TV. I currently use my laptop to power the whole program, and I use the TV as the laptop's monitor. However, I was hoping I could get this working on a Raspberry Pi that way it's not so intensive on my laptop. I have an image attached of what it currently looks like.

If you look closely on the image, I already purchased a numeric USB keypad used for keyboard input in the program, but I'm really confused on how to get to the next step by putting the Love2D program on a Raspberry Pi, and displaying it on my TV. If anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate any feedback.

TL;DR: I made a math problem alarm clock and I want to display it on my TV using a Raspberry Pi.

https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/r4kTlq9.jpeg
Attachments
Alarm.love
(332.14 KiB) Downloaded 732 times

Code: Select all

function love.draw()
  love.graphics.print("obey")
end
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Love2D Program on Raspberry Pi

Post by pgimeno »

I got Löve running on the Pi by installing it via RetroPie. YMMV.
Sulunia
Party member

Re: Love2D Program on Raspberry Pi

Post by Sulunia »

Hello!

If you're running the latest raspbian, it's just a matter of installing it via this terminal command:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install love -y
Afterwards, just run your game by navigating to the love project folder and typing in the terminal:

love .
Don't check my github! It contains thousands of lines of spaghetti code in many different languages cool software! :neko:
https://github.com/Sulunia