LöveFTW - preview release

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: LöveFTW - preview release

Post by T-Bone »

gomez wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
gomez wrote:Interesting port..
What love.system.getOS() will return in this love implementation ?
It returns "Windows App". It's technically not an OS though, so I might change that later... Maybe "Windows Universal App Platform" would be better?
"Windows RT" would be a good candidate
I considered it, but decided it would probably cause confusion. Since the function is called "getOS", and there actually is (was) an OS called exactly "Windows RT", it makes it sound like you're running that (which is very unlikely; Windows RT devices sold poorly, have some pretty significant ANGLE bugs that MS doesn't seem like they're going to fix and the platform is basically abandoned). Also Microsoft themselves aren't using the phrase "Windows Runtime" much anymore, it's all "Universal App Platform" or "Universal Windows Platform" these days.
gomez
Citizen

Post by gomez »

Have you taken a look on Microsoft's Project Astoria? According to them, you can port an app for Windows 10 using the same android app code, changing only some details (related to Google services). Maybe the LoveFTW runs better using this path (using the Löve codebase for Android which is pretty mature).

Take a look here: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/uwp-bridg ... ct-astoria
and here: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/ProjectAPreviewSignup

The last link is for apk submission. They analyze the apk and return for you if it is compatible with the windows 10.
The game "Candy Crush Saga" has been ported to Windows Phone / Windows 10 using this strategy. And runs pretty smooth.. (even on lumia 520, the lowest device)
Hey dude :D
Do you want to protect earth from an apocalypse ? Me too o/
Check my new game here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81001
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I'm aware of that! As far as I know, only Windows 10 Mobile will have the Android subsystem required for running Astoria apps. They have also made tools for porting iOS apps to Windows 10, that don't have those limitations and run as native UAP apps, which probably fits Löve better, but that way might be more work to get running. I will definitely check out the various options once I get W10 on my computer (and I have the time).

But if SDL and the other libs work on W10 I think a native build will probably work best... I will have to try and see.
gomez
Citizen

Post by gomez »

T-Bone wrote:I'm aware of that! As far as I know, only Windows 10 Mobile will have the Android subsystem required for running Astoria apps. They have also made tools for porting iOS apps to Windows 10, that don't have those limitations and run as native UAP apps, which probably fits Löve better, but that way might be more work to get running. I will definitely check out the various options once I get W10 on my computer (and I have the time).

But if SDL and the other libs work on W10 I think a native build will probably work best... I will have to try and see.
i see..
----
i got an error when i try to compile my game:

Code: Select all

Error	90	error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\..\OpenAL\winrt.vs2013\winrt_and_wp_v8.1\bin\Win32\Debug\OpenAL.winrt.lib'	C:\Users\Paulo Roberto\Documents\l-veftw\LoveFTW\LoveFTW\LoveFTW.Windows\LINK	LoveFTW.Windows
:c
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Can you look in your directories to see if the .lib mentioned in the error is there or not?
gomez
Citizen

Post by gomez »

T-Bone wrote:Can you look in your directories to see if the .lib mentioned in the error is there or not?
I looked and the path breaks on the 'bin' folder (which doesn't exist)
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Yeah, that seems to be a problem. If you go into the OpenAL/winrt.vs2013/winrt_and_wp_v8.1 folder and open OpenAL_winsdk8.1.sln in Visual Studio, and then batch build for all configurations, you should then be good to go.

This isn't something you should need to do though, I will have to fix that (when I have the time, sorry!).
gomez
Citizen

Post by gomez »

T-Bone wrote:Yeah, that seems to be a problem. If you go into the OpenAL/winrt.vs2013/winrt_and_wp_v8.1 folder and open OpenAL_winsdk8.1.sln in Visual Studio, and then batch build for all configurations, you should then be good to go.

This isn't something you should need to do though, I will have to fix that (when I have the time, sorry!).
After compiling the OpenAL, the compilation runs well.
However I got exactly the same error that unek obtained: Without .love, LoveFTW runs perfectly on Windows 8.1 and i got a black screen on Windows Phone. With .love, i got an error :

Code: Select all

Could not create window:
eglCreateWindowSurface failed
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

If you look earlier in the thread, I posted a link to my exact setup. Can you try that? If that works, then I've messed up the packaging and that's probably something I can fix. If that doesn't work, well, we'll try some serious debugging :)
Henko
Prole

Post by Henko »

Awesome work on this port! I was really excited when I read about it and absolutely had to test it as soon as I had enough time.
I too had to manually trigger the build for OpenAL, but after that, it worked like a charm! No problems running a simple test on my device at all! :)

Thanks for the great work!