OUYA

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
adekto
Prole

Re: OUYA

Post by adekto »

just got my ouya today, try'd a few games
so the they usually use the homebuton to leave
for finalfantasy3 (wich is flipping amazing btw) it use y (top button action button) as a menu, since the game is very menu dependent
i do wish they fix the mouse (the trackpad) if u cued program it so u slide it in a way like left,right, or down u sude be able to perform a sort or button in that way u can swipe to go to menu, anyway the mouse is pointless atm

anyway we realy need more games for it not just emulators
is there a love-ouya git or library anyone is working on?
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

adekto wrote:just got my ouya today, try'd a few games
so the they usually use the homebuton to leave
for finalfantasy3 (wich is flipping amazing btw) it use y (top button action button) as a menu, since the game is very menu dependent
i do wish they fix the mouse (the trackpad) if u cued program it so u slide it in a way like left,right, or down u sude be able to perform a sort or button in that way u can swipe to go to menu, anyway the mouse is pointless atm

anyway we realy need more games for it not just emulators
is there a love-ouya git or library anyone is working on?
Could you test some löve games ? Just install the löve .apk in you OUYA and put some demos in the love folder on the root, post back if any of them worked
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
adekto
Prole

Post by adekto »

apk works
needs a fix for the controler
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Awesome, filesystem and joystic polishing to go for the LÖVE-Android devs
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Foxcraft
Prole

Post by Foxcraft »

Hello. I started to use LÖVE for a prototype and have come to really like it.

I am interested in the OUYA and was curious if anyone had made a game with LÖVE-Android up on it yet? Or if there have been any further testings on it besides the case a couple posts up?

Thanks.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

after löve 0.9.0 for android got released a few tested it a bit, but you can try yourself.
Foxcraft
Prole

Post by Foxcraft »

jjmafiae wrote:after löve 0.9.0 for android got released a few tested it a bit,
Thanks. In looking through the love-android-sdl2 thread, I spotted these two:
fysx wrote:- Fixed crash on startup on OUYA (and possibly other devices)
clofresh wrote:Yay, I'm so glad this is moving forward! I've tested it with my puzzle fighter clone on the ouya and it works great! Had to explicitly define the ouya controller though since the gamepad api wasn't pick it up.
So it seems to be going better than this thread alone implied at least, I'm glad. I was thinking otherwise and that I should better consider a different option.
jjmafiae wrote:but you can try yourself.
Of course. Still, I'd much appreciate anyone sharing their own experiences, especially while I am currently unable to try myself. Regardless, it never hurts to seek a little input on others' experiences.

Still, thanks.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

There's a few gotchas, but otherwise the port is solid. I've done a bunch of testing, and wrote a ton of documentation for it.

I highly suggest it!
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
Foxcraft
Prole

Post by Foxcraft »

Awesome! :D I went and looked through now, and that is some nice and clear documentation. Thanks!

It looks like someone just asked about the one area I was still wondering about with Issue #57, being how the in-app purchases would work. (Talk about freaky coincidences, wow.) I'll have to keep an eye on that and see what comes up.