Guide: Building love-native-android

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
allxumuk
Prole

Re: Guide: Building love-native-android

Post by allxumuk »

T-Bone wrote:Reading the "errors below" would be a start. Posting them here would also help.
3 errors in LoveRenderViev.java in "Problems":

Code: Select all

The method onSurfaceChanged(GL10, int, int) of type new GLSurfaceView.Renderer(){} must override a superclass method	LoveRenderView.java	/LoveLNative/src/net/schattenkind/nativelove	line 51	Java Problem

The method onSurfaceChanged(GL10, int, int) of type new GLSurfaceView.Renderer(){} must override a superclass method	LoveRenderView.java	/LoveLNative/src/net/schattenkind/nativelove	line 51	Java Problem

The method onSurfaceCreated(GL10, EGLConfig) of type new GLSurfaceView.Renderer(){} must override a superclass method	LoveRenderView.java	/LoveLNative/src/net/schattenkind/nativelove	line 66	Java Problem
And errors when building:

Code: Select all

C:/Android/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lGLESv1_CM
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [C:/Engines/LOVE/hagish-love-native-android-4bba952//obj/local/armeabi/liblcms.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
C:/Android/android-ndk-r8/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lGLESv1_CM
make: *** [C:/Engines/LOVE/hagish-love-native-android-4bba952//obj/local/armeabi/libjpeg.so] Error 1
make: *** [C:/Engines/LOVE/hagish-love-native-android-4bba952//obj/local/armeabi/libphysfs.so] Error 1
Sorry for my English.
Translated by Google translate.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Sounds strange. The only Java error's I've seen have been solved by installing Android API level 8 (Froyo), but since this is mentioned in the guide I assume you have done so.
Moe
Party member

Post by Moe »

I have not yet heard that somebody used ndk 8, so I do not know if we need to do some fixes again (7a required some). Can you downgrade to 7 or 7a?
kalle2990
Party member

Post by kalle2990 »

Moe wrote:I have not yet heard that somebody used ndk 8, so I do not know if we need to do some fixes again (7a required some). Can you downgrade to 7 or 7a?
Sadly, I found 7 and 7a to be broken when trying to compile on Windows (while earlier releases aren't compatible at all). Compiling it on Linux solved it. :?
Moe
Party member

Post by Moe »

kalle2990 wrote:
Moe wrote:I have not yet heard that somebody used ndk 8, so I do not know if we need to do some fixes again (7a required some). Can you downgrade to 7 or 7a?
Sadly, I found 7 and 7a to be broken when trying to compile on Windows (while earlier releases aren't compatible at all). Compiling it on Linux solved it. :?
Win... what? :joker:
We do all development on Linux (Fedora and Mint/Ubuntu) and I am not sure if all dependencies are compatible with development on Windows... If you have a build log from Windows, feel free to post it so that we can take a look, I do not have a Windows setup to do any Android development.
kalle2990
Party member

Post by kalle2990 »

Moe wrote:
kalle2990 wrote:
Win... what? :joker:
We do all development on Linux (Fedora and Mint/Ubuntu) and I am not sure if all dependencies are compatible with development on Windows... If you have a build log from Windows, feel free to post it so that we can take a look, I do not have a Windows setup to do any Android development.
I prefer Linux for developing too, but there are too many things that are buggy under Linux (mainly Skype :cry:).
Anyway, I wrote about this problem earlier in this thread, this post describes the relevant part viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8415#p51534 (it was using 7b tho)
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I have succesfully built it with NDK R8 on Linux, it totally works.

Also, Skype on Linux works just fine, have used it several times, never had any issues.
kalle2990
Party member

Post by kalle2990 »

T-Bone wrote:Also, Skype on Linux works just fine, have used it several times, never had any issues.
It's mostly the lack of the feature to join on-going conference calls that bugs me, otherwise there's rarely any problems. ;)
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

kalle2990 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:Also, Skype on Linux works just fine, have used it several times, never had any issues.
It's mostly the lack of the feature to join on-going conference calls that bugs me, otherwise there's rarely any problems. ;)
I've done that on Linux :roll: Several times actually. I have attended several Skype meetings, many of which started without me.
kalle2990
Party member

Post by kalle2990 »

T-Bone wrote:
kalle2990 wrote:
I've done that on Linux :roll: Several times actually. I have attended several Skype meetings, many of which started without me.
Without someone having to call you up? :shock: Gotta try Skype for Linux again soon then.