ant debug build error on Mac OS 10.7

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
GiveMeAnthony
Prole

ant debug build error on Mac OS 10.7

Post by GiveMeAnthony »

I have adb working on Mac 10.7. Previously, I was having issues because adb was the newest version. Now, I'm trying to build Love for Android and I'm getting this error.

Code: Select all

BUILD FAILED
/Developer/SDKs/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:649: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Developer/SDKs/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:694: null returned: 139
The "139" tells me that this is a segmentation fault. I'm presuming it's because ant uses an illegal instruction for Mac 10.7. If that's the case, which version of ant should I get. If I'm completely off, how do I fix this?
bobbyjones
Party member

Re: ant debug build error on Mac OS 10.7

Post by bobbyjones »

I googled and it seems that on stackoverflow that this question has never received any answers. If you are just building a regular apk for developing your game then you can get an updated one here
builds.BobbyJones.me

If you were building for another reason then I suggest googling around for a solution unless someone else here would know.
GiveMeAnthony
Prole

Post by GiveMeAnthony »

bobbyjones wrote:I googled and it seems that on stackoverflow that this question has never received any answers. If you are just building a regular apk for developing your game then you can get an updated one here
builds.BobbyJones.me

If you were building for another reason then I suggest googling around for a solution unless someone else here would know.
I'm building so that I can port my love2d applications. I don't post on fora often and can assure you I've done my share of "googling around" already, that's why I'm here. The things which I've realized are that
  1. The build exited with code 139, meaning the program died with signal 11 (aka SIGSEGV or "Segmentation Fault")
  2. It has something to do with progaurd, as the 694th line in build.xml is

Code: Select all

proguardFile="${out.absolute.dir}/proguard.txt">
  3. The issue may have to do with hold old my system is, seeing as it's unique to Mac OS 10.7 as I can ascertain and have previously received signal 4 with the newer version of adb. So perhaps it's accessing nonexistent address space or is attempting to execute an illegal opcode?
If you or anyone else know a solution or any specific tidbits such as this, that would be helpful.
bio1712
Citizen

Post by bio1712 »

Try to run "ant clean", sometimes it solves the problem.
GiveMeAnthony
Prole

Post by GiveMeAnthony »

bio1712 wrote:Try to run "ant clean", sometimes it solves the problem.
I've tried this. "ant clean" runs nicely but doesn't fix the issue.