ads on android games maded with love2d

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
vitail
Prole

ads on android games maded with love2d

Post by vitail »

i want to put ads in my game maded with love2d, i search in google and i don't found that
FlattenedTesseract
Prole

Re: ads on android games maded with love2d

Post by FlattenedTesseract »

I don't think there is a LÖVE (maybe not even lua) implementation of in-game ads. The thing is that the advertiser needs to make an ad specifically for each ad implementation (AFAIK), fact that would make advertisers targeting platforms like Unity just ignore LÖVE.

Might be wrong though
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: ads on android games maded with love2d

Post by T-Bone »

FlattenedTesseract wrote:I don't think there is a LÖVE (maybe not even lua) implementation of in-game ads. The thing is that the advertiser needs to make an ad specifically for each ad implementation (AFAIK), fact that would make advertisers targeting platforms like Unity just ignore LÖVE.

Might be wrong though
You could work around that, because ad libraires target general Android apps. If you could write the Android app to be like 85% of the screen OpenGL, and the remaining part plain Android GUI, the ad could be put in the normal UI part. But that sounds like a pain to fix. I'm note sure SDL for Android supports it (SDL for Windows Phone has experimental support for stuff like that, which is in a pretty early state, I haven't looked at how far SDL for Android has come when it comes to stuff like that).