A different kind of black screen

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
10headless
Prole

A different kind of black screen

Post by 10headless »

So, I tried to make an .apk file with my game. When I finally set everything up I tried to run it on my htc one. I installed without any problems and then ran the app. It basiclly showed me a black screen and, after a few seconds, an error that the game has stopped.
I read the topic about black screens and I wanted to install an older version of NDK. Unfortunetly I couldn't find it on their page, so I decided to download a version for a 32bit target. This seemed to help, i got the game to install and then it does the same thing that it did before, but know it doesn't give me an error, it just exits to the app list. I tried it both on my htc one and on AVD. I tried to compile both from console and eclipse. I tried to run it with, and without the game included in the assets folder, but it's still not working.
artofwork
Citizen

Re: A different kind of black screen

Post by artofwork »

Its always helpful to to post the error, so if you could be so very kind and replicate the initial error it would make it easier for us to help you :)
10headless wrote:So, I tried to make an .apk file with my game. When I finally set everything up I tried to run it on my htc one. I installed without any problems and then ran the app. It basiclly showed me a black screen and, after a few seconds, an error that the game has stopped.
10headless
Prole

Post by 10headless »

I'm not able to do that now, but it was your standard android "Unfortunetly, app has stopped error", like this in the attachment
Attachments
WuV5M.png
WuV5M.png (127.83 KiB) Viewed 6725 times
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Does the game run with the official build I provide at https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... /downloads? E.g. by extracting the game to /sdcard/lovegame, or running the .love by opening it using a file manager?

If not, we should first get that working.

If it does run on the official build, can you provide the output of Logcat https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... iki/Logcat?
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org