Bug thread

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
T-Bone
Inner party member

Bug thread

Post by T-Bone »

I think it would make sense with a thread for posting bugs.

I tried running this simple .love attached below. Basically what it does is

Code: Select all

function love.update(dt)
	if love.mouse.isDown("l") then
		x = x + -(x - love.mouse.getX())/100
		y = y + -(y - love.mouse.getY())/100
	end
end

function love.load()
	pic = love.graphics.newImage("res/neco.png")
	x = 100
	y = 100
end

function love.draw()
	love.graphics.setScissor(100,100,100,100)
	love.graphics.draw(pic,x,y)
end

And the result looks like
While scissors seem to work, they cause graphical glitches everywhere else. Ran on my HTC Desire with CM7, with Love-android downaloaded today.
miko
Party member

Re: Bug thread

Post by miko »

T-Bone wrote:I think it would make sense with a thread for posting bugs.
You mean for love-android? For regular love, there is a bugtracker here:
https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/issues? ... tatus=open
For love-android, maybe we could use github system?
https://github.com/hagish/love-android/issues
T-Bone wrote: While scissors seem to work, they cause graphical glitches everywhere else. Ran on my HTC Desire with CM7, with Love-android downaloaded today.
Confirmed. I have got the same effect (also HTC Desire).
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

ah i see what the problem is, love-android clears the screen with the background color every frame, but once you call setScissors the clearing is limited to the scissor area.

a workaround would be calling setScissor() without params at the end of the love.draw, but we'll also fix it eventually so that this isn't necessary
love-android - gamejams
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Obviously I mean love-android bugs. If you prefer bugs being posted on the github, then just say so. I thought a thread would be convinient because everyone who use love-android already have accounts for the löve forums, but more or less only developers have github accounts.
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

T-Bone wrote:Obviously I mean love-android bugs. If you prefer bugs being posted on the github, then just say so.
That question should be answered by ghoulsblade or hagish, because they are the developers. I made only a suggestion ;)
T-Bone wrote: I thought a thread would be convinient because everyone who use love-android already have accounts for the löve forums, but more or less only developers have github accounts.
You might be right here...
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

Considering they commit to the repo, they would most likely prefer bugs there, as they can be closed, resolved by specific commits. There's a lot of integration tools between the repo and the bug tracker that they would want to take advantage of.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

urrrrr, never really done much with github issue stuff ^^
soooo i'd say it's fine to just make a forum thread here, maybe put [BUG] in front of the title for easy view =)

if it's something small and you don't wanna make a new thread, just post it in this thread.
love-android - gamejams
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Another thing I've noticed after playing around a bit is that love-android is very inconsistent. More often than not, running a .love file will fail once, giving random error messages, only to work when I try it again a second later. I guess this is a known issue but is seems really wierd.
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

wild guess, without testing specifically with exactly the app that has the problem,
but probably also be related to the threading problem messing up newImage during keypress rather than love.load .
i guess we'll just have to make a messagequeue for all android event stuff,
and trigger them during the update+draw stepper to make sure every lua code is run from the render-thread where it has access to graphics stuff.
love-android - gamejams
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

ghoulsblade wrote:wild guess, without testing specifically with exactly the app that has the problem,
but probably also be related to the threading problem messing up newImage during keypress rather than love.load .
i guess we'll just have to make a messagequeue for all android event stuff,
and trigger them during the update+draw stepper to make sure every lua code is run from the render-thread where it has access to graphics stuff.
Actually changed the code to only create images in love.load and this still happens, albeit less often.

Also, I noticed that love.event.push('q') doesn't work. That's kind of important.