love-android: discussion

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
ghoulsblade
Party member

Re: love-android: discussion

Post by ghoulsblade »

new binary with mentioned updates : http://ghoulsblade.schattenkind.net/lov ... ndroid.apk
love-android - gamejams
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

new binary : http://ghoulsblade.schattenkind.net/lov ... ndroid.apk

love.phone.setRequestedOrientation(requestedOrientation)
now accepts string parameters : (api lövification ;))
behind,full_sensor,landscape,nosensor,portrait,reverse_landscape,reverse_portrait,sensor,sensor_landscape,sensor_portrait,unspecified,user
the old numeric ones will still work, but are discouraged

love.phone.setKeepScreenOn(bool bKeepScreenOn)
to prevent powersafe if no touch/key (e.g. gravity sensor games etc), now active by default unless love.conf sets t.android_allow_screensleep=true

this should solve the screen going black issue with andropong etc =)
love-android - gamejams
kraftman
Party member

Post by kraftman »

great work :) just spent a while playing with the multiple inputs on the touchpad, 12 inputs all working at once, v nice. just need to think of a game that could use them all :P

Any chance t.android_native_screen could be made a little more lovely? Something like t.phone.nativeRes ?
adolph29duncan
Prole

Post by adolph29duncan »

Woah! It sounds awesome. What font did you use? the golden eggs
Last edited by adolph29duncan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faster we run, We die young. :DD
Reenen
Prole

Re: love-android

Post by Reenen »

ghoulsblade wrote: multitasking : known, that is the same as the white+black screenshot posted earlier, will be fixed eventually but low prio for now.
This doesn't seem to be happening in the new version. Thanks.
Reenen
Prole

Post by Reenen »

miko wrote:This is a great project, keep it going!
I have installed it on my HTC Desire / Android 2.2, and it works. One issue I have is that I can not get any fonts printed out to the screen, so debugging on the device is not that nice.

For usual love.graphics.print() I get no output at all. Could anyone provide me with a working example?

Also, the image font does not for me - I get only white boxes instead of letters. Would it be PO2 syndrome?

I am attaching a mouse(touch)-enabled version of iyfct, which works on my phone (except for fonts).
Mouse pressed are mapped as follows:
- top left corner: "r" (i.e., restart the game)
- bottom left corner: "escape"
- right side: "return" (i.e., JUMP or SELECT menu item)

I wish there was also some kind of network support, so I could debug applications remotely.
This game seems to work perfectly at the moment, except the "tap the corners". But maybe my fingers are too fat or my phone's resolution too high?
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

Reenen wrote:
miko wrote:This is a great project, keep it going!
I have installed it on my HTC Desire / Android 2.2, and it works. One issue I have is that I can not get any fonts printed out to the screen, so debugging on the device is not that nice.

For usual love.graphics.print() I get no output at all. Could anyone provide me with a working example?

Also, the image font does not for me - I get only white boxes instead of letters. Would it be PO2 syndrome?

I am attaching a mouse(touch)-enabled version of iyfct, which works on my phone (except for fonts).
Mouse pressed are mapped as follows:
- top left corner: "r" (i.e., restart the game)
- bottom left corner: "escape"
- right side: "return" (i.e., JUMP or SELECT menu item)

I wish there was also some kind of network support, so I could debug applications remotely.
This game seems to work perfectly at the moment, except the "tap the corners". But maybe my fingers are too fat or my phone's resolution too high?
Yes, I have set margin to fixed number of pixels, instead I should set it to something like 10% of the available width. I will fix that when I get some spare time.
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

hmm, if you use the mousepressed etc, the coordinates should match the ingame coordinates, e.g. pc default 800x600 screen.
but if you enabled and use the love.phone api multitouch callback, those coordinates are raw in native phone screen resolution, maybe that's the problem ?
love-android - gamejams
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

When making love-android apps, isn't it best to simply set the screen to 480 by 800, which is still sort of the standard for Android, in love.conf?
ghoulsblade
Party member

Post by ghoulsblade »

since it depends on device and current orientation, the best would be to set in conf.lua the t.android_native_screen = true var, then you'll get whatever resolution is native, and can check using love.graphics.getWidth() and getHeight() if you want to use the resolution.

you'll prolly want to call
love.phone.setRequestedOrientation("portrait")
too, unless you want to allow and handle orientation changes depending on how the user is holding his device.
to handle them check love.graphics.getWidth() and getHeight() for the current resolution in regular intervals
love-android - gamejams