Releasing LÖVE games on Google Play?

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
Sheepolution
Party member

Releasing LÖVE games on Google Play?

Post by Sheepolution »

So now we can actually play LÖVE games on Android, is there any possibility we can release those games on Google Play? I'm not sure how Google Play works, but as far as I know you can sell anything you can put on your Android. Still, it seems kinda user-unfriendly when the player needs to install a separate .apk.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: Releasing LÖVE games on Google Play?

Post by T-Bone »

In order to release a game on Google Play, you'd need to provide a standalone apk file. It's not impossible to build one although I haven't been able to do it myself. The idea is that you download the love-native-android source code and open it in eclipse, put your .love file in there and tweak the app to start the included game straight away, rather than showing the "select your game" screen.
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

Oh that makes sense. But it should be possible right?
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Sheepolution wrote:Oh that makes sense. But it should be possible right?
According to http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12252, it's at least possible on the 0.8.0 build. But there's not much of a point at the moment, considering that for example love.filesystem is still unimplemented (so no game saves). But perhaps in a not too distant future :neko: