Triangle Quest

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
dangony
Prole

Triangle Quest

Post by dangony »

Triangle Quest is a short, minimalistic shoot-em-up I made over the course of about a month for Harvard's cs50 computer science course. Besides a few previous failed attempts before I'd taken the course, it's my first real attempt at making a video game. It's been a few months since I finished it, but I've been nervous to share it outside of the cs50 subreddit until now.

The download has got a .exe for Windows and a .love for other platforms; I'm too much of an amateur to make executable builds for them. The game has no audio - I wasn't going to try that for this project without any experience in sound design at all.

In addition, on the off chance anyone is interested, you can see the files for the game's missions by heading over to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\LOVE\Triangle Quest\Levels - If you look over one of those you can see how the missions are made pretty easily and make your own. The (###) at the top is the length of the mission in seconds, and each [] is an event that executes at a certain point in the mission. Note that the name of the mission has to follow the convention of "campaign#.txt", with the numbers in the names in an unbroken sequence across the Levels folder.

You can download Triangle Quest here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tvlgftyvk2ac ... f8wma?dl=0