The Starknight JRPG is on Kickstarter now ^^

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
thestarknight
Prole

The Starknight JRPG is on Kickstarter now ^^

Post by thestarknight »

Now on Kickstarter too https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/th ... starknight !!

Hello everyone, I am Denis and I am making an awesome 2d, turn based JRPG with LÖVE funded on kickstarter, so I wanted to let you all know!

You can check out the trailer here https://youtu.be/crdv_3sTEys?si=THgKoNIqVagXp0PJ and try out the demo from the kickstarter page, the link is at the bottom.

So what are you still waiting for ? I have crafted a beloved journey for the hero to become a Starknight and a world full of charming characters, challenging dungeons and mysteries, and this is just the beginning! :D

The game features a flexible exploration system, waves of enemies in a turn based combat, and a fantastic storyline that I am sure you will LÖVE !

Thanks for reading this, thanks to the awesome LÖVE framework that makes my game possible!

And if you like the game spread the voice and consider backing the project :D

Have a nice day :D
Last edited by thestarknight on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
togFox
Party member

Re: The Starknight JRPG alpha demo is out!

Post by togFox »

Wow. Super pro. Well done. How long did that take?
Last edited by togFox on Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
thestarknight
Prole

Re: The Starknight JRPG alpha demo is out!

Post by thestarknight »

Thank you togFox, I am happy you like it ^^

To draw the full tilesets, all the images, all the characters and the animation and code everything It took me one year and half, nearly full time, with some breaks. Now the core code is more or less up, but I am always adding stuff and fine tuning or... yeah catching those nasty bugs.
So, hopefully now the biggest thing is to draw and release the missing zones.

The alpha demo covers, two zones and a dungeon, but is because i kept more content out of it. Actually there are 3 zones ready , and 3 dungeons of a total of.. 12 zones and 12- 15 dungeons...

So, since i think the game is worth my time, I decided to release the alpha demo and set up a patreon page to fund the game. Hopefully I will be able to finish it in one year or so if people LÖVE it.

You could try the demo too togFox, if you like the genre, also the game is pretty much humorous like the trailer goes :D
Let me know if you do, since is just released I am curious of how people will like it. (not everyone might like it but we must be positive, is the law of LÖVE :D )