LOVE on Xandros

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
napco
Party member

LOVE on Xandros

Post by napco »

Hi! I'd like to know if LOVE can run on Linux Xandros, a linux distro made for the asus eeepc701 netbook... Thanks in advance!
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: LOVE on Xandros

Post by Robin »

I have one myself, but I can't tell. I don't have all the dependencies, and apt-get doesn't seem to be connected to an online package repository.

I'm sick and tired of Xandros, I want to get Ubuntu (a derivative anyway) on my Eee, but so far it keeps failing to boot from a USB stick...
Help us help you: attach a .love.
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Uh, and what about eeebuntu? Does LOVE work? Cause i'm using eeepc701 only to make games when i'm not home, and i'm tired of windows...
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

napco wrote:Uh, and what about eeebuntu? Does LOVE work? Cause i'm using eeepc701 only to make games when i'm not home, and i'm tired of windows...
I'll have to find another way to get buntu on Eee--but I guess it will, since it works for Ubuntu/Xubuntu.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

Robin wrote:
napco wrote:Uh, and what about eeebuntu? Does LOVE work? Cause i'm using eeepc701 only to make games when i'm not home, and i'm tired of windows...
I'll have to find another way to get buntu on Eee--but I guess it will, since it works for Ubuntu/Xubuntu.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport ... ee%201000H
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Found a way to install eee Ubuntu on external SD! Tomorrow i'll give it a try and tell if LOVE works on it, and how...
snake
Citizen

Post by snake »

I run Love on Acer Aspire One.
It runs ok but a bit too slow for some more advanced Games, so eeepc701should run Love, too.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I have Jolicloud (Ubuntu distro) installed on my NC10. Linux isn't as nice on my battery as Windows is.
Tenoch
Citizen

Post by Tenoch »

Several answers:

Never managed to boot the Eee from a USB stick. I borrowed a USB CD drive, and that worked perfectly.
I First installed Ubuntu-eee, which works pretty fine. LÖVE runs, but if I remember correctly, system it is a bit outdated, and doing dist upgrades improves performance (some video card drivers I guess).

Now I installed a regular Ubuntu on it, no problems either. LÖVE runs perfect.

And indeed, that stupid Xandros thing I couldn't stand more than 4 days.
"When in doubt, use brute force." Ken Thompson
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Tenoch wrote:And indeed, that stupid Xandros thing I couldn't stand more than 4 days.
Four days? I had (and still have) to bear with it for over a year. I think the worst thing was when I thought "well, OK. Package system = broken, but at least I can download and compile everything from source..." and it was then I found out it has no gcc!

I guess I'll have to find some other way to get it buntu on the Eee-- maybe with a USB CD drive, like you did.