love-webp - WebP library [archived]

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
glitchapp
Party member

Re: love-webp - WebP library

Post by glitchapp »

Imagic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:32 pm I added compiled libraries for Windows: https://github.com/ImagicTheCat/love-we ... aster/dist

For other platforms, compiling WebP would probably be a part of the app building process.
Is it possible to compile it for ARM? I have a game that relies heavily on that library and I need to convert all graphics to make it work on Android.
Imagic
Prole

Post by Imagic »

Hi,

I don't have the knowledge to easily and confidently build a shared library for Android, if that is even desirable. If you are already building LÖVE for the app, building WebP should probably be part of that process.

Also, I am no longer working on that project; I archived it on GitHub. If I work again on a module like this one, this would probably be for JPEG XL.
glitchapp
Party member

Post by glitchapp »

Imagic wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:30 pm Hi,

I don't have the knowledge to easily and confidently build a shared library for Android, if that is even desirable. If you are already building LÖVE for the app, building WebP should probably be part of that process.

Also, I am no longer working on that project; I archived it on GitHub. If I work again on a module like this one, this would probably be for JPEG XL.
I understand, thanks for answering. I'm not building LÖVE and I don't use the Android SDK anymore so I'm not really skilled to build WebP for android, I may consider converting the assets to png for android if I can't find a way to use the webp files. Thanks for the great library!