3D question

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
iPoisonxL
Party member

3D question

Post by iPoisonxL »

Hello everyone. I've taken up a small project on 3D, and I'm using wikipedia's 3D projection calculations in my program. It's well.. Not really working, but it kind of is at the same time. I've attached the .love to my code. Controls are WASD to "look around", QE to roll the view, ZX to move left and right, Up Down arrow keys to move forward and back, and Left and Right on the arrow keys to rotate the square.

Can I get some pointers on why it isn't working like I want it to? For example it's acting differently if I rotate the square left than right. Oh and it just kinda gives up once it goes out of screen, why?
Attachments
main.love
(831 Bytes) Downloaded 112 times

Code: Select all

L
    L Ö
    Ö V
L Ö V E
Ö B E
V E
E Y
Website
artofwork
Citizen

Re: 3D question

Post by artofwork »

Your translating the world and the not object, You can see this when using the controls.

In 3d there is local xyz, object xyz & world xyz coordinates, I haven't looked at that code but I'm sure your controls are only effecting the world space and not the object.
iPoisonxL
Party member

Re: 3D question

Post by iPoisonxL »

artofwork wrote:Your translating the world and the not object, You can see this when using the controls.

In 3d there is local xyz, object xyz & world xyz coordinates, I haven't looked at that code but I'm sure your controls are only effecting the world space and not the object.
I don't actually have a world, though. I only have 4 coordinates that are [x,y,z] converted into 4 coordinates that are [x,y]

Code: Select all

L
    L Ö
    Ö V
L Ö V E
Ö B E
V E
E Y
Website