love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.2)

A project to port LÖVE to Android handhelds
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: love-android-sdl2 (native, 0.9.0)

Post by slime »

Ranguna259 wrote:Aperantly the Android API has gesture detection built in, can you guys check if you can implement something like this ?
SDL has a similar thing with its "dollar gesture" API, but I haven't looked into implementing that yet - partly because it seems a little 'heavy'.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

slime wrote:
Ranguna259 wrote:Aperantly the Android API has gesture detection built in, can you guys check if you can implement something like this ?
SDL has a similar thing with its "dollar gesture" API, but I haven't looked into implementing that yet - partly because it seems a little 'heavy'.
Yeah, when you think about it the idea itself has some really complex stuff.. Maybe all the lover needed to do would be something like, creating a gesture (with some kind of gesture listener) in an app, then the app would save the gesture (with all the movement and the velocity data) into a file and then to use that gesture we'd need to load the gesture file. We can't code a gesture per se, we create it with a listener and then load the gesture file. But maybe adding some options to ignore gesture velocity or gesture time intervals and all those other gesture-related technical stuff would be smart too.

What do you think ?
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
TangZero
Prole

Post by TangZero »

Ranguna259 wrote:
slime wrote:
Yeah, when you think about it the idea itself has some really complex stuff.. Maybe all the lover needed to do would be something like, creating a gesture (with some kind of gesture listener) in an app, then the app would save the gesture (with all the movement and the velocity data) into a file and then to use that gesture we'd need to load the gesture file. We can't code a gesture per se, we create it with a listener and then load the gesture file. But maybe adding some options to ignore gesture velocity or gesture time intervals and all those other gesture-related technical stuff would be smart too.

What do you think ?
It's really hard! :(
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Personally I find it too much of an overkill. I would assume that it seldomly happens to that a new gesture is required. Also it should not be too hard to detect gestures in Lua code. Maybe we could create a "Share a Gesture" thread similar to the "Share a Shader" thread at http://www.love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3733.
Bird thing: @fysxdotorg Blog thing: fysx.org
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Are there any known unoptimized spots in this android port?
TangZero
Prole

Post by TangZero »

jjmafiae wrote:Are there any known unoptimized spots in this android port?
I don't know any except the final size of the APK file when you build for both armeabiv and armeabiv7 archs.
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

Have a look at the bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... tatus=open

There seems to be a problem with sound for some people: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... c-is-laggy
Also there is some unneccessary copying of the .love file: https://bitbucket.org/MartinFelis/love- ... amelove-to

For most cases however I think it is in good shape.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

TangZero wrote: It's really hard! :(
fysx wrote:Personally I find it too much of an overkill. I would assume that it seldomly happens to that a new gesture is required. Also it should not be too hard to detect gestures in Lua code. Maybe we could create a "Share a Gesture" thread similar to the "Share a Shader" thread at http://www.love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3733.
It's hard on both sides, it's actually really complicated to detect gestures, we could say that coding gestures is as hard as coding physics from scretch.
This is what I have so far for zooming in and out on a rectangle ( not tested ):
(original var is the original rectangle, without zoom)
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Can someone teach me how to build an apk with the source, step by step please, I want to test out Display Metrics

Check out my twitter.
fysx
Citizen

Post by fysx »

You do not need to build an apk yourself. You can use the standard alpha .apk which will run any Love game extracted to /sdcard/lovegame.