Text Library and Music Library

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
davisdude
Party member

Text Library and Music Library

Post by davisdude »

As ever the weaver of creative names for libraries, I've come up with more stunners: TLib and Muse.
As you may have guessed, TLib is a text library, for drawing text boxes and stuff. Muse is for handling music.

Please note: these libraries don't really offer anything new or different. I just find them useful, so I though I would share them for others to enjoy (or not, if you don't want to. It's up to you.)

TLib
Well, we've all tried one, so here's my shot at one.
It's no Löve Frames, but it's my attempt at it.

I needed a simple text display-thingie and came up with this.
It's very simple right now, but I may take it further if I need another ability for it or somebody else does.

Keep in mind, it's pretty simple, and there's only one file, so it should be easy to use (makes sense to me, anyway).

The only aspect it handles is the creation/drawing. That means you have more flexibility with how you treat certain scenarios, such as the mouse being over it or it being clicked on.

I think the interface is pretty simple, but, hey, I made it, so at least I should understand it, right?

See the GitHubfor more.
Muse
A music handling library, really just does the basic things, but has tags.

I had an idea, don't know if you can do it or not: make music play in only one ear-bud (if you have them plugged in, of course). I couldn't figure it out, so it doesn't have it, but here is what became of my attempt.

See the GitHub for more.

There they are, in all their splendor and glory. Like 'em if you want. If you don't, it's fine, as long as you don't tell me ;) (actually, you can tell me).
I may take them further, who knows?
Attachments
muse.lua
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
tlib.lua
(5.47 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Last edited by davisdude on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Hexenhammer
Party member

Re: Text Library and Music Library

Post by Hexenhammer »

I had an idea, don't know if you can do it or not: make music play in only one ear-bud
One generic solution would be - assuming stereo data as input - to downmix to mono, then build a new stereo signal where one channel is said mono downmix and the other is simply silence.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

I'm not sure how I would do that...

Anyway, TLib is now on GitHub. Sorry for not updating recently, I've had limited internet access.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Muse has been on GitHub for a while now, and while nobody has shown any interest, it has been updated anyway. :P