LÖVE Launcher

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Liamissimo
Prole

LÖVE Launcher

Post by Liamissimo »

Hey,

I am Liam, from Berlin and I just looked into Löve. It seems very powerful and I am excited to work with it. I am not new in game programming (http://www.gravix-game.de) but new to LUA and 2D, so I won't bother you all day with questions.

Anyway, I programmed this Tool for me, it is built under Windows 7 64Bit in C#, so every modern windows computer will run it.
As I always have one main folder containing all folders for my project, you just specify the main folder, all folders in it are appearing and when you select a project from the listbox, it even checks if the "main.lua" is in the folder.

Now just click on "Love the game" and your project starts. So, I hope it makes game debugging and testing a bit more comfortable!

Download: http://www.xup.in/dl,11095112/LOeVE-Startup.exe/
Virustotal (just to be sure): http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1313102072
Last edited by Liamissimo on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ishkabible
Party member

Re: LÖVE Launcher

Post by ishkabible »

i have a solution...

Code: Select all

:! love %:p:h
i use vim on windows(ya im wired) and that works great. i used to use notepad++(until very recently), rather than using some kind of application i would just drag and drop the folder onto a shortcut to love.
Liamissimo
Prole

Post by Liamissimo »

Well, I prefer just ONE window. Dragging the folder onto the shortcut means for me

minimizing notepad++
searching the folder window
dragging the folder to the bottom right corner to see the desktop
releasing it over the love icon

Instead I just open the program and click on "Love the game". Easier, imho. But not everyone messes around with his windows like me on my 11" M11x.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I'm glad to be running Linux. I code in gedit, the built in text editor, and just press Ctrl + l to run whatever LÖVE game I'm writing :neko:
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

The UI looks a bit inconsistent. I don't know much about C#, but shouldn't there be some grid things that you put your controls in?
Liamissimo
Prole

Post by Liamissimo »

Ehrm. No?

I don't know what you want to point out. You select the main folder with all your projects, they'll get listed below and when you select'em (and my program finds a main.lua) you can start them instantly.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

thelinx wrote:The UI looks a bit inconsistent. I don't know much about C#, but shouldn't there be some grid things that you put your controls in?
Looks lined up to me. Huh.

Anyhow, neat, have you considered showing some more details inside the project list? Date modified or maybe full path?
Kurosuke needs beta testers
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

It looks awfully not-lined-up in the screenshot.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

thelinx wrote:It looks awfully not-lined-up in the screenshot.
Are you talking about the right side? I looked at the left side and sort of ignored the right side.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Liamissimo
Prole

Post by Liamissimo »

Maybe we just should define "lined up". For me it looks pretty clear. I even made GroupBoxes to point out what to do.

I'll add some infos right now, you're right, makes things easier.

Edit: AAAHHH. You mean the edges. Yes, I'll line them up now. Hadn't thought bout that.