EGS v2 - Screenshots! Redesign! (Easy GUI System)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Re: Unnamed GUI library

Post by Trappingnoobs »

Robin wrote:
Trappingnoobs wrote:That's what I'm doing... Inheriting is the same as subclassing; everything from class A is put into class B if class B asks for it.
Not what I meant. You could make a class called Object which implements the event system. Then you let all the other classes subclass Object and voilà: one free event system.
Yeah that's what I am doing..

Code: Select all

Class "GUIElement" {
General_GUI_properties
Event_stuff
}
Class "Checkbox" ({Checkbox properties}, {GUIElement})
If you're just looking at the old .love, every element has every event (Because of that problem; they were all refferencing the same event; I assumed that making it local to the object fixed it, so I just did a workaround and did it in every object. Once I'd fixed the tables-don't-clone problem, I moved them all to the main GUI class.), but in the version I'm editing right now, I moved them all to GUIClassDecleration.lua.

And checkbox automatically has "Event_stuff" and "General_GUI_Properties"- The only events inside Checkbox will just be it's own ones that no other elements have.
Robin wrote:
Trappingnoobs wrote:I'm probably wrong.
Yes, you are.
I don't want to make the tables in the constructor (Assuming you're reffering to the optional load function that is auto-called when the class is instanced) because that's too limiting. The class system is primarily included due to the GUI using it- The person who 'installs' the GUI stuff into their game doesn't necessarily need to make their own classes, and if they did, I can't think why they'd want a class that refferences itself.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Re: LoveGUI - RELEASED!

Post by Trappingnoobs »

I heard we're allowed to double post after 24 hours; and this question wouldn't get noticed unless I replied;

Are we allowed to make a wiki page? If not; can we make user subpages for it? It'd be easier than me making hundreds of html documents and updating every single one when I did something.

I released, by the way. I've also got dropdown boxes and 'TextCheckBox' (Basically a box with a checkbox and some text in, good for documenting a checkbox), fully working. They'll be released in a few days once I get a proper demo up and running
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Trappingnoobs wrote:Are we allowed to make a wiki page?
Please do!
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Post by Trappingnoobs »

thelinx wrote:
Trappingnoobs wrote:Are we allowed to make a wiki page?
Please do!
In the main wiki namespace though?
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

Trappingnoobs wrote:In the main wiki namespace though?
Just replicate what you see on these library pages: http://love2d.org/wiki/Category:Libraries
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Trappingnoobs wrote: In the main wiki namespace though?
You should probably try to keep it to one page.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Post by Trappingnoobs »

Decide name is 'EGS' (Easy GUI System)

it's on http://love2d.org/wiki/Easy_GUI_System

I also added:

DropDownBoxes which work awesomely but are realy efficient, but I've already made my copy about 7x more efficient, and I'll reupload it to github in a day or two.

You now HAVE to pass in time to both GUIUpdate and GUIDraw. It's for caption and stuff. I added a few other things too.

Another object I added is TextCheckBox (Or something like that, check /GUIElements and see what it's called), which is essentialy a checkbox with text. I did include an example of both that and dropdownbox in the new main.lua.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: EGS (Easy GUI System)

Post by T-Bone »

Pics or it didn't happen.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Re: EGS (Easy GUI System)

Post by Trappingnoobs »

T-Bone wrote:Pics or it didn't happen.
Won't be pics anytime soon, sorry. Got either glandular fever or quinsy. Having a bloodtest tomorrow and if it's quinsy I need an operation to get rid of it but I don't know what that consists of, so I don't know what to expect tbh. (Could be tonsilitus but it's lasted out nearly three weeks against antibiotics so I doubt that).

The example main.lua and the 'oldmain.lua' file have loads of examples you can look at.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Re: EGS v2 - Screenshots! Redesign! (Easy GUI System)

Post by Trappingnoobs »

v2!

Changelog:
  • Almost completely rewrote everything.
  • No longer uses love.graphics.line, too antialised and ugly
  • Borders now look a lot cleaner
  • Shading amount is now customisable
  • captions are now called toolTips and are more customisable
  • Slider
  • TextButton
  • Checkbox
  • Screenshots!