love.platform

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
bmelts
Party member

Re: love.platform

Post by bmelts »

Yeah, Command-Q works by default on Macs too. It was just an example, though I guess an inadequate one. What about Control/Command-S for saving?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Robin wrote: and already enabled by default.
Enabled? It's a window manager feature.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Robin wrote:But Alt+F4 is a more standard close/quit key for Windows and Linux and already enabled by default. Dunno about OSX.
I'd say Ctrl+Q is more used for Linux, actually.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

thelinx wrote:I'd say Ctrl+Q is more used for Linux, actually.
I wish it was more standard on Windows: years of photoshop and firefox have trained my hands to use ctrl more than alt.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I've mentioned it before, but I'd love to have menu handling in löve where you could add menus, standard system menus, to your apps and hot keys for the menus or for functions in general. Would make it feel more professional and integrated.

Not sure how it would be handled. But we should be able to add menus and sub menus and sub sub menus to those sub menus.

Right now all we have (in OS X at least) is Minimize and the standard application Hide functions as well as Quit and an About dialog that should really be configurable. (Make it so we can intercept the About menu and it can call a function. love.about() or something.) While we're at it, Minimize and Restore need to be catchable too. So we can detect if the window is visible or not. Just make an overall "is the window visible?" callback that can detect minimized, hidden or unfocused states of the app window and can pause or unpause the app if we want to when it happens.
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Jasoco wrote:Just make an overall "is the window visible?" callback that can detect minimized, hidden or unfocused states of the app window and can pause or unpause the app if we want to when it happens.
love.focus
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Jasoco wrote:While we're at it, Minimize and Restore need to be catchable too. So we can detect if the window is visible or not. Just make an overall "is the window visible?" callback that can detect minimized, hidden or unfocused states of the app window and can pause or unpause the app if we want to when it happens.
I do exactly that in Kurosuke. If it's not too much to ask, could you give it a download and see if it works on Macs? I do not own one, so I can't test it. All that should happen is that if you are actively playing the game and you change windows, the update()s cease and a pause menu appears.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Jasoco wrote:I've mentioned it before, but I'd love to have menu handling in löve where you could add menus, standard system menus, to your apps and hot keys for the menus or for functions in general. Would make it feel more professional and integrated.
Indeed, that would be a nice addition.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

thelinx wrote:
Jasoco wrote:Just make an overall "is the window visible?" callback that can detect minimized, hidden or unfocused states of the app window and can pause or unpause the app if we want to when it happens.
love.focus
I love you. The added bonus being when you minimize it becomes unfocused too. Sweeeeeeeet.

There is no emoticon to express the joy I have.

Wait, here's one..

BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Ha ha ha.