Helpp Help

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
frev
Prole

Helpp Help

Post by frev »

Alright, so to briefly preface myself (this being my first post here) before I get into my stupid question, I thought I might just say hi.

I'm not much of a programmer, be it from inexperience or natural failure of mental capacity, and I wouldn't go about claiming I was anyway. I like to think of myself more as a wannabe designer who can write just enough code to be able to claim to know basically what code is. I'm faaaaar more interested in aesthetics, and game design, and other high-end things. If programming was where my heart was, I probably would have written my own engine, after all. ^_^ I'm pretty new to Lua, and I only found LOVE a few weeks ago.

So! On to my stupid question for the day. I've been working on a little game for the past few weeks, and I sorta wanted to show it to some people who might be able to give me a smidge of input. My problem, is that I have no idea how to compile my work into one little .LOVE file I can post up here for you guys to see.

On the subject, I really want to see the source code some of you guys are using in the things you've posted, how can I look at that?

Again, I want to apologize for what must be a very stupid question, but I can't find my answers anywhere on the site... am I just bad at looking?
dream puzzle is very attractive game, but why you want me to play??
micha
Inner party member

Re: Helpp Help

Post by micha »

To make a love file see here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=451
Basically you zip the content of the folder where all your stuff is in and then change the file extention from .zip to .love

To see source code, do the reverse. rename from .love to .zip and unzip.
spectralcanine
Citizen

Post by spectralcanine »

micha wrote:To see source code, do the reverse. rename from .love to .zip and unzip.
(Or use an archive program that isn't worthless)
substitute541
Party member

Post by substitute541 »

Also, make a more descriptive help topic. (see the light red banner called "Forum rules" in this forum)
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Just unzip the .love into a folder.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
frev
Prole

Post by frev »

micha wrote:To make a love file see here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=451
Basically you zip the content of the folder where all your stuff is in and then change the file extention from .zip to .love

To see source code, do the reverse. rename from .love to .zip and unzip.
Thankyou, very much...
frev
Prole

Post by frev »

substitute541 wrote:Also, make a more descriptive help topic. (see the light red banner called "Forum rules" in this forum)
next time ill definitely make a more descriptive topic if I need any help.

Thankyou all of you.