Simple ghosting: How can I stop screen from redrawing?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
yboris
Prole

Re: Simple ghosting: How can I stop screen from redrawing?

Post by yboris »

Previous comments about `newFrameBuffer` are outdated (method removed in love 0.8.0): https://love2d.org/wiki/Framebuffer

Current code uses `Canvas` (you can use the provided example from the documentation: https://love2d.org/wiki/Canvas

Code: Select all

-- store something in canvas
    love.graphics.setCanvas(canvas)
        love.graphics.rectangle('fill', 0, 0, 100, 100)
    love.graphics.setCanvas()

-- render the canvas later
    love.graphics.draw(canvas)
ps - I'm a newbie so I'm happy if others add/improve/clarify what I wrote :3
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

yboris wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:53 am ps - I'm a newbie so I'm happy if others add/improve/clarify what I wrote :3
The code seems to be fine and dandy, but please don't necropost into 9 year old threads when the original poster's most likely not even here anymore. :v
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
monolifed
Party member

Post by monolifed »

zorg wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:01 pm ... the original poster's most likely not even here anymore. :v
This is a rather pessimistic way of looking at things. I am sure he or she has been keenly waiting for that reply.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

On the contrary, i am unfairly optimistic that the OP had the better part of a decade to make their 4 posts worthwhile, and they kept tabs on löve enough to know that Canvases existed since v0.9.0 and that others will find the wiki anyway, making the above post completely unnecessary :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
yboris
Prole

Post by yboris »

I commented because my Google search (trying to find how answer the OP question) brought me to this post, even though it's so old.

Hoping the next unlucky soul stuck with this quandary will have an easier time ;)