Love2D on ubuntu with AMD proprietary driver

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Wooowe
Prole

Love2D on ubuntu with AMD proprietary driver

Post by Wooowe »

Can someone please help me, when I dont have this driver my system just crashes after a little bit, but with it LOVE2D's preformence is TERRIBLE!
kikito
Inner party member

Re: Love2D on ubuntu with AMD proprietary driver

Post by kikito »

Wooowe wrote:Can someone please help me, when I dont have this driver my system just crashes after a little bit, but with it LOVE2D's preformence is TERRIBLE!
It's difficult to understand what you say. Do you have the driver installed or not? Which version of the drivers do you have? Is it the last one? And of LÖVE?
Last edited by kikito on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I write def I mean function.
Wooowe
Prole

Post by Wooowe »

AMD proprietary FGLRX driver(not post). Not sure on the version I just went to additional drivers for ubuntu, and I have v0.8 if LÖVE.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Are you sure the driver is working properly? If it's running terrible, OpenGL could be falling back to software emulation if it can't use your hardware. Can you play other (non-love) recent games fine?
Wooowe
Prole

Post by Wooowe »

Well I got the system crashing problem fixed now so I don't have to use the AMD prop. drivers, now I am running an "Unknown driver" (Yes, it litteraly says unknown driver) and Love is working fantastic again....
Wooowe
Prole

Post by Wooowe »

Oh yea and, I haven't tested with the AMD driver but, I can run World of Goo just fine
Wooowe
Prole

Post by Wooowe »

Okay just tested the AMD prop. driver with World of Goo off of steam and I am thinking it runs faster with the driver, and I also ran it with cario dock w/ opengl and that is doing wonderful

Note: I have test this on both the v3.2 and v3.4 of the linux kernel, both resultiing in a really slow Love2D
Also these test were on a AMD Radeon HD 6850