Löve Splash Screen (code)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Skofo
Party member

Re: Löve Splash Screen (code)

Post by Skofo »

philnelson wrote:@mike: That's more or less what the splash screen says, actually.
Yes, but "made with LÖVE" is cuter because it plays on a popular phrase.
Working on: Viator
Need a 64-bit Debian package for LÖVE? Here it is!
philnelson
Prole

Post by philnelson »

The current splash screen is a pun on that popular phrase.

Anywho, if someone wants to modify it to say that instead, please do. The code is 100% free.
TsT
Party member

Post by TsT »

Hello,

I have made a funny longer version of the original splash screen.

UDATED :
splash.love
TsT's splashscreen version (v0.1.3 20090324 r316)
(346.88 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
philnelson : what is the license of the love.ogg ?

Thanks.
Best Regards,

EDIT: I have update the file from 0.1.1 to 0.1.3 (changes: missing draw of s5.png, add the SVG source file, some legal precision, ...)
Last edited by TsT on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My projects current projects : dragoon-framework (includes lua-newmodule, lua-provide, lovemodular, , classcommons2, and more ...)
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

Actually even if the mac user is aware of proper .love architecture it is certainly likely it'll still not be made properly.

.love 's are zip files with an extension, right? A Mac user reads this, and goes "Ohh I get it...", then goes ahead, right-clicks his code folder (with main.lua in root, of course), and clicks "Compress". And then its screwed up. OS X would create a directory to copy the folder into and then zip up THAT directory, so that main.lua is no longer in root... i.e it'll be in myprogram.zip/myprogram/main.love

There is a way around this though, when making a .zip file, first open up the code folder, then select all files and folder, right click and select "Archive X items". OS X would create a new directory, copy everything into it, then zip up THAT directory, so main.lua remains in root. Just rename .zip with .love and it works! main.lua would be in Archive.zip/main.lua

And one more thing...., when mac users download .love files from the forums they are automatically unzipped. :(
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

appleide wrote:OS X would create a directory to copy the folder into and then zip up THAT directory, so that main.lua is no longer in root... i.e it'll be in myprogram.zip/myprogram/main.love
Linux does that too, and if you have a shell extension in windows the same behaviour is to be expected.
appleide wrote:And one more thing...., when mac users download .love files from the forums they are automatically unzipped. :(
Sorry, all I can do is laugh about this.. :P
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

bartbes wrote:
appleide wrote:OS X would create a directory to copy the folder into and then zip up THAT directory, so that main.lua is no longer in root... i.e it'll be in myprogram.zip/myprogram/main.love
Linux does that too, and if you have a shell extension in windows the same behaviour is to be expected.
Yup, at least with 7-zip it works the same.
appleide wrote:And one more thing...., when mac users download .love files from the forums they are automatically unzipped. :(
Isn't it possible to extend the menus in whatever you use to view folders? On Windows, I've used my mad Registry skillz to be able to right-click on a folder and select "Love it".
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Garotas*Gostosas
Prole

Post by Garotas*Gostosas »

when using safari, you can go to preferences > general > and uncheck Open “safe” files after downloading. this will result in a ".love.zip" file after downloading. if double clicked, a love file appears in your download directory. it's not that much easier, you just don't have to select and zip the downloaded files any more.

the down side is, safari won't open e.g. recently downloaded .pdfs automatically.
I LOVE GAME, YEAH!