67.215.65.132:41

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

67.215.65.132:41

Post by Taehl »

Why is my plant game, which has no network code whatsoever (nor does it include LUBE or require("socket")), suddenly trying to contact 67.215.65.132:41? It never did this before today...
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: 67.215.65.132:41

Post by bartbes »

I can assure you it's not part of the code, not any code I've seen anyway. However, after some googling I found port 41 is a protocol for "Graphics" (great description!) and a few trojans. Maybe the love executable was hijacked? I'd suggest running a few scans.

EDIT: Actually, I did a reverse DNS, and that ip traces back to OpenDNS.
Taehl

Post by Taehl »

I've checked with MSE, rkill, SUPERAntiSpyware - they all found nothing. Also, Love is the only program doing this.

I know the IP is OpenDNS (which I use). Apparently that's the IP of the page it gives you when it fails a DNS lookup. But the question remains, why is Love trying to talk to it?
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I decided to grep the source:

Code: Select all

$ grep "socket" `find . -not -path "./src/libraries/*" -and -not -path "./platform/*" -and -not -path "./.hg/*"`
./src/love.cpp:#include "libraries/luasocket/luasocket.h"
./src/love.cpp:	love::luasocket::__open(L);
I did some other greps, etc, I can't find anything that might be dialing out. Does this happen with every game, how did you trace it to love, any other info you have?
Taehl

Post by Taehl »

It happened about thirty seconds after I ran my plant game. I say "happened" because while it did it seven times in rapid succession around the time I started this thread, I can't coax it to do it again. I didn't think to try any other games while it was happening, unfortunately. Maybe it has logic to attempt a connection, and then sleep for some amount of time?

I traced it to Love because my firewall (COMODO) pops up an alert whenever any program that hasn't been previously whitelisted attempts network access (asking if it's to be allowed, or it should continue being blocked). It's also worth noting that the attempted traffic was outgoing, and used IPv6 (how strange).
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

Sounds like a fluke to me.