luagl in Love

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ishkabible
Party member

luagl in Love

Post by ishkabible »

ok so i know i can use luagl in 2D but i want to use it in 3D then convert back to 2D. i think this can be done with OpenGL calls but im not sure how to do it, any ideas?
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: luagl in Love

Post by Taehl »

WHY does everyone want Love2D to be 3D all of a sudden? Go stick Lua in Irrlicht or Ogre 3D or something. It should go without saying, but Love2D is TWO-DEE.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

becuase it's fun, love handles a lot of the things i don't much like dealing with when making a game. on top of that, making something do something it's not supposed to do is just plain fun. i believe the word "hacking" may refer to this very endeavor.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Taehl wrote:WHY does everyone want Love2D to be 3D all of a sudden? Go stick Lua in Irrlicht or Ogre 3D or something. It should go without saying, but Love2D is TWO-DEE.
*cough*
ishkabible wrote:becuase it's fun, love handles a lot of the things i don't much like dealing with when making a game. on top of that, making something do something it's not supposed to do is just plain fun.
Very much so, yes.

But 3D in LÖVE has been over-discussed and overdone, I think. Let's go do something productive, instead of reinventing 3D for the umpteenth time.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
ishkabible
Party member

Post by ishkabible »

ya ok i get the idea :)