ScrewIt

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
ishkabible
Party member

Re: ScrewIt

Post by ishkabible »

thanks!!
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

No worries. ;)
Thursdaybloom
Citizen

Post by Thursdaybloom »

This was shared in the #love IRC channel a couple of nights back. Really amazing work.

To run it on OSX you can also just rename it from .exe to .love and it works fine.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Thursdaybloom wrote:To run it on OSX you can also just rename it from .exe to .love and it works fine.
Still, what decompiler can I use to run it on Linux 64-bit?
Help us help you: attach a .love.
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

thelinx wrote:You can just run love game.exe and it'll work. It's called "magic".
Let's try:

Code: Select all

$ love game.exe 
Checking file conf.lua
Error: Syntax error: cannot load Lua bytecode
Not magic enough for me :(
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

miko wrote:
thelinx wrote:You can just run love game.exe and it'll work. It's called "magic".
Let's try:

Code: Select all

$ love game.exe 
Checking file conf.lua
Error: Syntax error: cannot load Lua bytecode
Not magic enough for me :(
That's because he's used luac. Obviously the byte code isn't compatible with your Lua interpreter; I was lucky enough to have it run for me.

By the way, are you on Linux? As you would've seen, Robin's having trouble on Linux 64-bit.
reenboog
Prole

Post by reenboog »

Tank you all for your replies :) having compiled .lua files i didn't want to hide my sources. And it is on the subject of making .exe file... I compiled it for convenient "distribution" because.. many of my friends aren't programmers but just pc users, so... it is much simpler to say "just run game.exe" than explaining how to run Love application. Even more, all my sources will soon be totally available on a corresponding wiki page (i'll make a little topic there and give you a link). Knowledge is power! :)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

reenboog wrote:Tank you all for your replies :) having compiled .lua files i didn't want to hide my sources. And it is on the subject of making .exe file... I compiled it for convenient "distribution" because.. many of my friends aren't programmers but just pc users, so... it is much simpler to say "just run game.exe" than explaining how to run Love application. Even more, all my sources will soon be totally available on a corresponding wiki page (i'll make a little topic there and give you a link). Knowledge is power! :)
Distributing a .exe is no problem, it's just inconvenient you used luac. ;)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

I liked the game but sucked at it - only my silicon-based memory is good. My carbon-based one is worthless. I barely remember how to type.

It's nice to know that the source code will be released. I wanted to give the source code a look.

One question - the "loading screen" stays there for some time - why? The game doesn't seem to require that many resources.

Regards!
When I write def I mean function.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

reenboog wrote:Tank you all for your replies :) having compiled .lua files i didn't want to hide my sources. And it is on the subject of making .exe file... I compiled it for convenient "distribution" because.. many of my friends aren't programmers but just pc users, so... it is much simpler to say "just run game.exe" than explaining how to run Love application. Even more, all my sources will soon be totally available on a corresponding wiki page (i'll make a little topic there and give you a link). Knowledge is power! :)
By your response I take it that your reasoning for compiling it was that it would allow people to just run the game. If so, you should know that the game will run without the source compiled using luac; and you can still package uncompiled sources into an executable and it will run fine.