Simple Solitaire

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
TurboYeti
Prole

Simple Solitaire

Post by TurboYeti »

Screenshot20.png
Screenshot20.png (8.19 KiB) Viewed 1535 times

Hey guys, I recently released my second love2d game! It's called Simple Solitaire and it's a pixel art Klondike Solitaire game that has a light and dark theme and keeps track of a bunch of stats. I wanted to make a simple game to get some experience working with mouse controls, lovejs, and to keep practicing the skill of finishing games ;)

Thanks for checking out my game! I'd love to hear any feedback and your best times and fewest moves :)

Play and/or download it here: https://turboyeti.itch.io/simple-solitaire
Screenshot24.png
Screenshot24.png (16.21 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Re: Simple Solitaire

Post by BrotSagtMist »

You should use the Os cursor for this, the lag is annoying.
Odd style choice for the red cards, i find it unpleasent to see the card red instead the heart.
Else it plays solid.
obey
TurboYeti
Prole

Post by TurboYeti »

BrotSagtMist wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:58 pm You should use the Os cursor for this, the lag is annoying.
Odd style choice for the red cards, i find it unpleasent to see the card red instead the heart.
Else it plays solid.
I wanted the cursor to be in the same style as the game and I tried using love.mouse.newCursor but I just couldn't get it to look good. When I tried the image-based cursor I didn't notice much lag, so I went with that. Good to know though, for future games I could add a setting to toggle on/off the hardware cursor.

Thanks for checking it out!
Todespreis
Prole

Post by Todespreis »

Hey there! For me the game works really well. Thank you for that! I played it today the whole time in my Browser. I would like to port it on my handheld. Can you give me a permission for that?
TurboYeti
Prole

Post by TurboYeti »

Todespreis wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:34 pm Hey there! For me the game works really well. Thank you for that! I played it today the whole time in my Browser. I would like to port it on my handheld. Can you give me a permission for that?
Hey, thanks for playing the game! I'm glad you like it! I think I'd want some more details before I give permission for that. If you want to send me a PM, we can chat more about it there.